From a buddy of mine, supposedly old wooden Chinese ship here in the Philippines

AFM

Oct 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

Originally found this website on Google trying to find a solution to cleaning barnacles off of old pottery, will attach a few pics of the find. This wreck is in about 20 meters and I have spent time with the diver, an old man using an air pump and hose, OUCH supposedly since 1976 a piece at a time using his small fishing boat.

Looking to clean up these pieces safely. Weather is cooperating so I will go back and dive the site personally as the old man is no longer able.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the pieces I and interested in cleaning are on pages 7, 8 and 26 - 30.

Kind Regards,

AFM

Attachments

• Wreck and Dig Sites from Old man Philippines.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 211
Upvote 5
OP
OP
A

AFM

Oct 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much and just retired and decided to follow a dream or two, kinda like a bucket list. Many wrecks here from 1500s, Spanish galleons to many ww1 vessels just waiting to be investigated.

This wreck is supposedly just about 200 meters from a straight down cliff so the coral, broken shells and sand have beaten away all of the wood. Accordingly there is two more levels below the sand that is constantly moving back and forth with the waves. In study, always the heavy is in the bottom for ballast and all of these pieces were 1st level. Looks to be an interesting endeavor but still would like to clean the ones I now have and not make any mistakes now or in the future.

Thanks for the welcomes,

AFM

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very beautiful stuff, that would be fun underwater hunting, the stuff I daydream about.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm thinking banner! This is pretty incredible, no?

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If You Want to Speak Tagalog...

@AFM, if you would like to discuss this more I have a number of old maps of the Philipines and I speak Tagalog as well. I'm not 100% fluent, but pretty good!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my dream as well I don't know why Mel Fisher is in it. good luck its great that you pusue this Thanks for sharing and please keep us dreamers updated. Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
@AFM, if you would like to discuss this more I have a number of old maps of the Philipines and I speak Tagalog as well. I'm not 100% fluent, but pretty good!
Maligayang pagdating sa TNET mula sa Missouri......I don't actually speak it had help...lol

OP
OP
A

AFM

Oct 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all and 11am here and just letting everyone know I am an American semi retired here for almost 12 years and not much Tagalog.

yes I would be very interested in anyone with further knowledge of the wrecks here. These islands and her waters are legended to hold thousands of years of land buried and sea wreck treasures. This site that I sent the pics of was only one 10th of the pics I have but I am not able to upload them due to size limitations. Also the old man, when I was down with him at his compound last month stated that the 500+ unique pieces, none the same, only represents about 20% of the first level.

I have spent many years quietly listening and yes spending money for info and am now the very few trusted foreigners here as I originally worked several years humanitarian with the IPs, Indigenous Peoples who know the real locations.

Do not get me wrong, 3rd world countries are extremely hard to do this in as there are many hands out above the table and even more below the table so one must take their careful time as remember these are the "Islands of the Thieves" and the people here know that there is much here but only want to pretend they know where it is and take all of your money making you believe that they can actually take you to places like the attached which in many cases are all fake products. Here a picture can raise a lot of money as only a very select few of the very elderly IPs alive during the Japanese occupation know the real locations.

OK back to reality for a second, any ideas how to clean barnacles off of pottery?

Thanks and I have enough to write several books but that is not why I am doing this, these people need help badly and there own, most don't care, so this is for the many projects I have up my sleeves for them. They can't help themselves but I can and many others.

God's Blessings be with us all,

AFM

View attachment 1643612 View attachment 1643613

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I misread his post. I thought he said he was diving on it now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread