rancher17

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2018
West Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesaro Vasquez
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found couple days ago in Warren County, Mississippi. Soil wore it down (corrosion). Back side isnt as bad as the front. I thought it was real at first as I had no idea that they made toy guns out of cast iron. Made by Federal/Kilgore. 1917-1920 year range from what I can find. Will locate the deeds and see who was living at the location at the time, see if they had any kids, and may try to reach out to a descendant. Maybe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 10.50.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 10.50.33 PM.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 10.40.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 10.40.20 PM.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 24

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is way cool! Let us know how your search pans out.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice old toy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find I find just pieces not a a whole one yet Well done

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
electrolysis will have that ready to use by Hallowe'en--- gimme all your candy.... or else:laughing9:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and may try to reach out to a descendant. Maybe.

if you do, I hope it works out. Any time I ever tried anything like that, it was never appreciated in the least. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time or effort.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
if you do, I hope it works out. Any time I ever tried anything like that, it was never appreciated in the least. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time or effort.

I have had it go both ways, but when it did work out, it was always a good experience.

OP
OP
R

rancher17

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2018
West Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesaro Vasquez
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have done plantation/farm historical research in my area for years (no paying hobby that I enjoy), and have found some interesting information for some descendants of those families that once resided there. The majority of folks could care less, but it is pretty neat experience when you get a hold of some that are thrilled to death with your finds, as they had no idea. I know I would love to get a email that contains new info on my ancestors just out of the blue.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMO
It's a gamble , some will care , many could care less , at-least you did or will do what makes you feel right.
I should clean up real nice .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have done plantation/farm historical research in my area for years (no paying hobby that I enjoy), and have found some interesting information for some descendants of those families that once resided there. The majority of folks could care less, but it is pretty neat experience when you get a hold of some that are thrilled to death with your finds, as they had no idea. I know I would love to get a email that contains new info on my ancestors just out of the blue.

I should have read this before I posted .

Seem's You know 'What's Up'. GD

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread