4 Silver coins and a few nice relics...UPDATED with IDs...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few hours on the fields in Bavaria this weekend. I have been hunting this field for several years now and it always gives up some great finds including my gold coin. There was a farm/hotel here from early 1000 to the mid 1600s, strange I have not found much dating the site as most finds date around the 1700-1800s after the farm was gone. Here’s a picture of the field, note the corn far left is tall, then to the right is shorter and gets taller after about 50’ again, this is where the house was.
22Sept07goldfield.jpg

Here’s the lead, 3 lead seals, 4 musket balls and a splattered 3 ring bullet. The right side middle musket ball has a stone in it as if lead was in shortage and the stone was used to make up for lead.
22Sept07lead.jpg

A large pendant commemorating the town’s 700th birthday where it stands today, was celebrated in 1950. I have about 5 of these now. The town will actually celebrate 1000 years in 2008 as it was moved about 700 meters in 1250. A unit crest from the 13th Infantry regiment. This is as close to an American Civil War find as I’ll ever get. The crest says “First At Vicksburg” referring to a battle at Vicksburg Mississippi around 1863. Top in small letters says “Forty Rounds” and under that is a US CW belt buckle. Modern but interesting. Right is a huge flat button.
22Sept07relics1.jpg

A nice little copper thimble, a small unusual button with an extra long shank, what I thought was a bent ring but looks more like a seal for a sausage link or something. A small pendant with two hearts and a flattened cane tip that was hand engraved.
22Sept07relics2.jpg

A copper coin from 1844, another dateless copper coin with a coat of arms from the 1800s and a coin from 1921, emergency money as it was called. Coins like this were soon useless during this era as inflation drove bread and other commodities up to Hundreds of thousands of German Marks, just for a loaf of bread.
22Sept07copcoins.jpg

Obverse of a nice little swastika pin. Has a sword with a swastika within an iron cross.
22Sept07swaspinO.jpg

Reverse of the swastika pin.
22Sept07swaspinR.jpg

Obverse of 4 silver coins, all in poor condition. Left is a 1745 from King Max Joseph converted into a button. Next silver is very worn and looks to be early 1800s. That tiny little silver is too beat up and worn to see anything. And another silver coin from King Max Joseph dating to 1766.
22Sept07silO.jpg

Reverse of the silver, left 1745 has a doubled headed eagle, a symbol of the Holy Roman empire that lasted into the early 1800s. A small crown above a coat of arms on the 1800s coin. Again nothing to see on the small silver. Right side the date can be seen at the bottom legend, 1766 divided by the denomination (3). Hope to get a few more hours in today. HH, Mike
22Sept07silR.jpg

Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: 4 Silver coins and a few nice relics...

Excellent finds my treasure hunting friend. Great story and
photos. Thanks for sharing.

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Nice haul !!! That looks like a beautiful site to hunt.I always enjoy yours posts...keep it comin'.God Bless and HH..Panz

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, very excellent finds once again

HH
-GC

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice Mike! That nazi pin will go nice with your other ones .

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Nice finds Mike, now if we can only get that to happen over by where you work!
Every time you go out the finds get better and better. HH Mike......

Desertfox

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

As usual, your finds from those fields really span the ages. It must be hard to resist the impulse to clean everything. A Nazi pin and a coin from 1745. I was wondering, do you display those items together, or separate the finds by age?

Excellent relics and coins!

Ridley

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

desertfox said:
Nice finds Mike, now if we can only get that to happen over by where you work!
Every time you go out the finds get better and better. HH Mike......

Desertfox
I hope to find something over there soon as I am doing my best to get out of there soon. Have an informal job interview tomorrow, much less pay but the drive is kicking mt butt. Let you know how it goes. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ridley said:
As usual, your finds from those fields really span the ages. It must be hard to resist the impulse to clean everything. A Nazi pin and a coin from 1745. I was wondering, do you display those items together, or separate the finds by age?

Excellent relics and coins!

Ridley
Hey Ridley, most of my finds are displayed in piles and bags with field numbers on them at present. Eventually I will have to pack up all my finds and take them to the Archies. It is required by my detecting permit that they see everything I find, should be interesting, LOL. I think I will probably group everything together according to age and subject when I can. HH, Mike

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool, its a good area if they are clothes seals. Got a number off the field I'm doing. Hit it hard.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

looks like some great finds are still there waiting for you mike ! congrats on your finds ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I don't know what to say anymore Mike but Excellent....Your find's never cease to amaze me.Can't imagine the collection you got going......Congrat's and HH!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Again, some totally awsome finds!

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia

Awesome pieces of history you have there ,
thanks for the great pictures :)

Doozis

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe

as allways nice finds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH DEEPDIGGEREXPII

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nazi swastika pin has been IDed, it was given to WWI soldiers who were wounded or fought on the front lines by the Nazi Party. “Die Nationalsozialistische Kriegsopferversorgung, Die Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (NSDAP)” The religious pendant was also IDed, it comes from a Monastery in Wessobrunn Germany dating back to 788. The pendant is probably from the 1800s. I thought it was interesting to finally place a religious pendant as I probably have found 100 of them. HH, Mike

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
wow, Talk about history, Those are fields to dream about,

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post, finding these early 1800's silver coins must be a real rush. I get a killer buzz just digging the 1964 American silver. Send me a ticket will go hunting. ;D ;)

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread