1888 Morgan Silver Dollar!!!!!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG!! Just when I thought 2018 was going really well, THIS gem lands in my lap!! Wow, just WOW! It was in a shoe box with a bunch of Christmas decorations. Oh yes, there's more I'll share later, but holy smokes!!!

fullsizeoutput_3510.jpeg fullsizeoutput_350f.jpeg

Upvote 32

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Sure beats the snot out of digging for one!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find! :icon_thumleft:

I would check every old shoe box in the house! :hello2:

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Phish!

Kace

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's freakin great now Im in suspense what else. that will put you in the Christmas spirit........Tommy

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great discovery. :coffee2:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. trdking how about a list of those coins from that sewing machine.
Oh Man that was two years ago. I still have it but it is mixed in with the hoard (Except the largies, I sold them for a bunch of money One was a key date in great shape) if you click on the link there are some more photos part way down in the thread that photo d most of it. From memory the big part of it besides the large cent was over 25 1964 silver half dollars and a dozen silver dollars 9 of them Morgans and 3 peace. there were 3 1/2 pounds of dateless silver coins which is bullion scrap. The Large cent was an 1839 over 6 very rare and good! The only real nice piece in the collection and I doubt whom ever owned it prior had any idea what it was.
The man that gave me the sewing machine was doing a clearance for someone and was only committed to one day the rest was going to good will. I bought some fiesta ware pitchers from the guy and got to talking. At the end of the day he asked me if I wanted what didn't sell. Sure! I loaded up my crap and all of his. Almost sold the sewing machine without taking it from its box. I figured it would sell better if people could see it. Lifted it and Whamo What a surprise it was. I watched at least 10 people look in the box and pass on it because sewing machines are the kiss of death. No One wants them. All of those passers saw the loot and had horrified looks on their faces realizing they passed on it. If the girls had sold it before I found the loot, it would be someone else story! :) I thanked that man to the air, but I did not even get his name so he did not get a share of the haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread