Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a nice looking cellar hole earlier this week, it looks to have been abandoned in the early 1800's or even earlier based on my research, though there is a strange concrete structure less than 20 feet away from it. I was going to go tomorrow, but decided to go today, so my father would be able to check out the place too. I only was able to stay for around an hour, then it got too dark to continue. I found the largest button in the center of the first photo, and the two to the right of it. My dad found the two buttons to the left of it, and the cufflinks. The best find of the day by far was the beautiful colonial shoe buckle though. Like everything else there, it was only around two inches deep. The minute I held it in my hands I freaked out, my third complete shoe buckle this year, and it's a huge one! I still haven't found a single large copper this year, hopefully I will find one at this site before the year is through! The concrete structure still baffles me, it is clearly much later than the cellar hole, but is only 10 or 15 feet away from it. Nothing we found today was any later than the late 1700's either.

I also found a cool (but slightly damaged) aqua colored 1800's bottle on the surface, right on the edge of the cellar hole, forgot to take photos though.
DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0085.JPG DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0081.JPG DSC_0058.JPG DSC_0073.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 33

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Brass Colonial Shoe buckle coinman. I don't hang on this site continuously so I about let this one slip by but very glad to get a glimpse of that beautiful buckle. And as I read your last thread where you did go in and find a large copper in that cellar hole I say cudos and Continued success.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go. That buckle is really nice.Congrats

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI