xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xmas is coming... So this is the day after my big silver Morgan find. I had some time to detect and the hunger for coins was only made worse by the previous days Morgan meal! I'm kind of kidding but kind of not. I gave my usual spot a rest and went to an island I know. I found a couple Wheaties some clad and a bullet. I thought it was a Minie ball at first... people find them once in awhile up here. It was smaller and only had two rings and it has a seem on both sides from the casting and only two rings on the bottom. The bottom has a slight indentation but not a coned / hollow base. After some looking I think it's a burnside carbine .54 cal? Can anyone confirm or deny it?

That spot ran out of juice so I moved on to another spot where I've found some things. It was lightly wooded with not too many dense areas of brambles. With an amazing little secret cemetery nearby. It's kind of a shame that they have to fence and lock it to keep the party boneheads out of there. It's frustrating as a detectorist but also as someone who loves nature to see these people trash it. Drinking should not be an excuse to throw garbage all over the place. I found a couple more Wheaties and then as I was making my way toward a little dirt road I came upon a small silver spill. Merc's are not the most impressive but the artwork is hard to beat. I will never turn away a merc! Washington quarters? Who doesn't love medium silver? Here's a new improvised silver scale: XL: dollar, L: half dollar, M: quarter dollar, S: Nickel, XS: dime, XXS: halfdime. Breen and Bowers eat your heart out. A strange coincidence is that they were both 1943; one was pretty worn and the other was in decent shape. Always excited to find some silver. It's never expected but always welcome! Thanks to gravity and anyone who read this story! Apologies for sideways photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6558.JPG
    IMG_6558.JPG
    960.3 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO
It's a Burnside i'm 98% sure + the silver is a Big Bonus.

I missed the Morgan ,I have to purchase those . So Congratz on that one also.
Davers

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your all set for Christmas gifts with all those good finds Happy Holidays

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definitely looks like a burnside theres one I dug

Attachments

• 20181218_152250.jpg
    20181218_152250.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 66

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go. Nice finds.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote Burnside and love that Silver! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO
It's a Burnside i'm 98% sure + the silver is a Big Bonus.

I missed the Morgan ,I have to purchase those . So Congratz on that one also.
Davers

Thanks for the confirmation on the bullet! Yeah the Morgan is my coin find of a lifetime so far!!! Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread