I Was Lucky That I Didn't Hit It

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a site that thought would be pretty good. I was finding copper pennies and clad coins but not a single wheat penny. That's not a good sign and I was thinking about leaving for greener pastures. I made another trip around the magnolia tree and got an audio response and VDI number that made me believe that it was going to be another copper penny but it turned out to be a sterling ring.

Wanting to find some silver coins I left there and I headed out to a site that I've detected before and found silver. I was working along a super steep bank and I got a nice high pitched audio and the VDI numbers said it was a silver quarter. It took me a while to find it because it was on edge. I really don't know how I missed that coin on previous hunts, but I sure did.

My next target sounded really loud and big, maybe a can lid. I raised my search coil 8 inches or more off the ground and I was still getting a loud audio response. I'm thinking junk target all the way. I put my Garrett pinpointer to the ground and got no response, maybe it's a half dollar I'm thinking. I dug down around 3 or 4 inches and hit a big root and the target was right under it so I dug down on one side of the root. Being very careful I reached under the root with my hand digger and popped out a big ole 1951 Frankin Half Dollar.

It started spitting rain, so I called it a day and head for home. It's supposed to rain all night and tomorrow, so I'll get to rest some.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    600.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    804 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    781.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 41

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tadman, those are nice silver finds. Way to stick with it and be rewarded.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds Tabman. How come the great targets are always directly under some big ass root? Congrats on rescuing Mr. Franklin and all his smaller friends.

I know where a silver quarter is located but I can't get to it because of a thick solid mat of Magnolia tree roots.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread