Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for two hours today and gridded a hilltop near a tree (Baltimore City park). No silver and no Indians but a number of "relics" that hearken to a bygone era. The decorative pin and broken cuff link were in the same hole. 4 wheats with the oldest (1920) shown. Would like to know what that turned brass hook-like device is; it had an iron screw. My wife suggest "curtain tie-back".
IMG_7209.JPG IMG_7210.JPG IMG_7207.JPG IMG_7208.JPG IMG_7211.JPG IMG_7214.JPG

1/16/2016 - Now the back story I didn't include in my initial post. In leaving at dusk yesterday I was loading gear into my truck and set the wireless headphones on the edge of the truck bed right behind the driver's door, and thought as I did it, "Don't leave them there". Well, you guessed it, I left them there and drove off. Got home and realized what I'd done.Plan was to get back to Druid before 7AM and look for the head phones. Fast forward to this morning and at 6:57 AM I am texting my wife "Got head phones"! Her reply "Yeah! Amazing".

Last edited:
Upvote 41
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks madmantrapper! I figured the south facing hills wood be close to being clear. There was more snow than I thought but it did work today. Tomorrow looks better.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks pa-dirt nc-sand! Both look like they had a gold wash. Amazing condition for the pin; it had an iron pin but gone by the time I dug it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I have not seen a door stop like that? You are on a good site. Good luck!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Randy, thanks. Didn't have as much snow on the coil this afternoon.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tnmountains! Figured the hilltop would be a good place for people to sit and enjoy the view. Glad to get some deeper targets today. The Equinox continues to perform well....in all conditions.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Kona Tom! Yep, on the slightly frozen side here, but very diggable, if that's a word.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations. That's some very nice finds.:icon_thumright:

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds from the hill top. Very nice broach and cuff link. Glad to hear that you found your headphones.
I thought I was a die hard hunting Saturday before the storm, but I think you're a real hardcore to get out in the snow. Congrats on your finds.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for two hours today and gridded a hilltop near a tree (Baltimore City park). No silver and no Indians but a number of "relics" that hearken to a bygone era. The decorative pin and broken cuff link were in the same hole. 4 wheats with the oldest (1920) shown. Would like to know what that turned brass hook-like device is; it had an iron screw. My wife suggest "curtain tie-back".
View attachment 1671416 View attachment 1671417 View attachment 1671418 View attachment 1671419 View attachment 1671420 View attachment 1671421

1/16/2016 - Now the back story I didn't include in my initial post. In leaving at dusk yesterday I was loading gear into my truck and set the wireless headphones on the edge of the truck bed right behind the driver's door, and thought as I did it, "Don't leave them there". Well, you guessed it, I left them there and drove off. Got home and realized what I'd done.Plan was to get back to Druid before 7AM and look for the head phones. Fast forward to this morning and at 6:57 AM I am texting my wife "Got head phones"! Her reply "Yeah! Amazing".

Cool stuff.
Glad you found your Hp's .

How do you clean your items?

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Davers! I probably over-cleaned them, putting them in heated hydrogen-peroxide.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jamie! Stuff is still at Druid but like you found at Herring, gridding is the only way to get at it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Glad you got the headphones back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread