I finally got got to sit down

diggerranger

Mar 4, 2016
VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got two hours today to get out so I went to one of my favorite spots and decided to dig anything that even sounded like it wanted to sound good. The first ten seconds out of the truck I got a rough signal that bounced nice and was deep. The pin pointer found a chunk of iron and I pulled it out. I went back over the hole with the Garett and I heard the ding I was looking for. I was shocked a 1853 half dime. I started metal detecting four years ago. I’ve been cut, stood up and locked up but today I finally got sat down.
Yep I walked by that rough bouncy signal at least ten times before but today I decided to dig it. I ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547775138.736891.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547775157.235366.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547775177.453641.jpg think I’ll be digging more bouncy signals.

Last edited:
Upvote 38

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....I was shocked a 1853 half dime. I started metal detecting four years ago. I’ve been cut, stood up and locked up but today I finally got sat down.
Yep I walked by that rough bouncy signal at least ten times before but today I decided to dig it. I View attachment 1671904 View attachment 1671905 View attachment 1671906 think I’ll be digging more bouncy signals.
Nice finds! So, there is hope for me yet! I have been detecting about five months, and thought I was the only one not finding Liberty Seated coins. I saw one impressive post here that said they found 100 of them over the course of about six or seven years. I have a Garrett too, and am going to make sure I check those jumpy signals too. Thanks for the inspiration, and hope you get another one soon. (Like that Indian Head too!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread