Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today to a Baltimore City park and found that 95% of the ground is frozen to about 2 inches. I found that a south-facing hillside was mostly thawed at midday. Temps were always below freezing but I was able to hunt for 2.5 h. A good showing in clad of $3.99, this Howard Co. animal control tag (phone number is for Animal Control), and the find of the afternoon was this shoe buckle frame from 9 inches. The frame measures 1-5/8 x 3 inches.
IMG_7240.JPG IMG_7241.JPG IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7246.JPG

Upvote 25
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Chizzy! I think I'd freeze my butt off for a faint high-tone.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tohenry! Funny that I stopped because my fingers were pretty cold and getting a little numb and then on the drive home through the city I see a guy riding a bike with no gloves.....amazing.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks ATW! Did snow detecting one day last week and did not like it. The white stuff kept building up on the coil.....a pretty inefficient process. Come on Spring.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Bob! The buckle is by far the oldest item I've found at that park. I've hunted it a lot and had some memorable finds.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Whyme! I've seen numerous videos of people digging these, some with the tongue and chape intact. Never thought I'd dig a complete frame.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks "D"! Winter is the time I can test my cold endurance. Don't think the ground actually froze last winter, but it is now. That's what a couple days of sub-freezing temps will do.
Just picked up a CW book I hope to start soon "The Maryland Campaign of September 1862, Vol. 1 South Mountain" by Ezra Carmen.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks eman1000! Hope you got out there in Indiana. We got the rain today here as well and now it's blowing through cold, though nothing like last weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread