Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I got on the highway to check an old yard about 17 miles away yesterday. I had visions of silver coins everywhere, but unfortunately I didn't come up with any old coins, except for a 1941-S wheat penny.

If you've ever hunted zoysia lawns you know my grief..the entire front lawn was covered with it. I did manage one good find though, a sports medal from 1979.

OLD1.jpg

I went behind the house to the back yard, where I tried digging in lots of overgrown grass, except for the side of the house, where I came across a 1968 Shell token from the Mr. President Coin Game.

OLD2.jpg

Then I came across this old bell..and it is by far the nicest one I've come across..it's about 2" tall and 1 1/2" wide at the bottom. When I dug it out of the hole it was caked with dirt. Upon removing it the rusty ball fell out, but I managed to find it. The rusted wire that held it to the inside of the ring broke in pieces, so when I got home, I cleaned it up and made a new wire to attach to the original metal ball. The ring can be removed by unscrewing it from the bell housing. I don't know how old it is, but it sure is a cool little bell.

OLD3.jpg

Hope everyone's weekend was good.

Nat

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the bell you found, they always make nice display finds. Maybe it is a bell made in India, just for a guess.. :)

Don

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mona Lisa said:
Gorgeous pictures, Natty. Cute little bell. :)

Thanks Lis, always nice to hear from you :)

savant365 said:
Neat bell...you can put that right next to your mini log carrier and display them both.

Thanks Charlie, those 2 finds would look nice together, eh?

gypsyheart said:
Nice...that bell sure looks good for being in the soil. I like the Lincoln also! Great job as always!

Thanks Gypsy, thanks for the nice comment. The bell was alot darker than the pic, but it shined up nice once I buffed it up with a soap pad.

Don in SJ said:
I like the bell you found, they always make nice display finds. Maybe it is a bell made in India, just for a guess.

Thanks Don..I have no idea, but it does have that look to it.

Nat

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Those are some really cool finds. I found one of those Shell game pieces the other week. You're not the only one who hates that kind of grass. Way to go Bud!

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Nice token! The bell is interesting. I've found a few candle holder that look that that (brass). Someone told me (dont know for sure) that those were produced in Germany after WWI. Made by local craftsman who used the old nose cones or fuses from shells to make them. Look closely at the carvings and you can see they are hand carved. Again, nice token.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies.

piggman1 said:
Those are some really cool finds. I found one of those Shell game pieces the other week. You're not the only one who hates that kind of grass. Way to go Bud!

Thanks Dave, I've dug about 8 of those aluminum coins so far..some are from the Great Americans game and some are from the Mr. President game, both were around at about the same time.

rebelLT said:
The bell is interesting. I've found a few candle holder that look that that (brass). Someone told me (dont know for sure) that those were produced in Germany after WWI. Made by local craftsman who used the old nose cones or fuses from shells to make them. Look closely at the carvings and you can see they are hand carved.

I hope you're right, thanks for the info..I'll have to check up on that!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions