Trip to a Florida High School that I have hunted numerous times. 49 coins in 4 hours

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A :metaldetector: trip to a Florida High School that I have hunted numerous times. 49 coins in 4 hours $8.32 total value

Hunted this High School several times over the years and always good for about 50 to 100 coins or more each visit......Thanks for looking:
Found 28 quarters, 12 dimes, 1 nickel, 7 cents and a 1996 10-cent PANAMA coin.....No silver....but 70 degree weather was worth it.
icon_thumleft.gif

P1010047.jpg
P1010052.jpg P1010050.jpg

HAPPY HUNTING to ALL......I Love this Hobby​

Last edited:
Upvote 18

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a great time was had and a lot of clad found, throw in some warm weather and its a pretty good day for sure

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a great time was had and a lot of clad found, throw in some warm weather and its a pretty good day for sure

Hey, "dirtlooter".......You should be getting warmer weather in ARK real soon........Thanks for your comment......I know I passed on at least 50 pennies on this last hunt......but at 77.....I have to limit my "up & downs".....if you know what I mean...lol -- But of course by passing on the pennies it ALWAYS increases my quarter & dime count....just saying. Hope you are having a GREAT President's Day, my friend.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of digging, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that clad adds up real fast I like that Panama coin Well done

Kdmoo

Sep 18, 2018
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that Panama coin as well.

Sometimes a big clad haul can be satisfying. It's good practice.8-)

I hunted one middle school last summer that apparently had not been hit for a long time as I dug about $12-15 in clad one hot afternoon in a small area.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like detecting at schools. Kids loose all kind of stuff. Money , jewelry , keys , pocket knives (!) Are some of the things I've found.
Ive had my best luck at middle schools/Jr.High schools. Around here the High schools have multiple fields , to spread out. But the middle/Jr.High schools have one yard for all activitys. Plus those age kids are starting to get into blinging themselves up , starting the boy friend girl friend thing with promis jewelry , have more money than myself and they still engage in lots of horse play, grab ass , Tom foolery ....

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, "bravobob" & "Whyme".....You BOTH have proved my point that: "There has been more coins dropped on a daily basis on & near SCHOOL ground areas than almost any other places on EARTH" to include old sidewalk areas to/from schools -- Old areas where schools used to be (excellent choice) or Old schools that still exist but was built many years before 1964 when silver was taken out of our coins -- AND of course even newer Schools that has tons of clad coins being dropped that add up to $$$$$(that you can use to buy SILVER coins if you wish).

HAPPY HUNTING to ALL.

BILL
Northern FLORIDA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions