Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Courthouse.jpg

Tried out my new Equinox 600 for the first time today at the old courthouse, man was it cold. Went over the same ground that I scoured a couple of weeks ago with my Etrac. Took me about half an hour to get use to the tones I'm accustomed to hearing with the Etrac. WOW! I'm here to say, "that rapid response is awesome!" I can't believe my coil passed over these finds and I didn't hear them? I think I'm going to like my new toy :thumbsup:

2-18-19 Finds.JPG

Hard to tell by the picture, but those two Indians are in excellent shape. Don't know what the silver thingy came off of, but at least I didn't get silver skunked anyway...

Indians - silver.JPG

This old door knob was way, way down there. It had a nice pretty green patina until I washed the dirt off with a tooth brush and it came off. Beep - beep y'all... EDIT: Don't know why photo came in upside down?

Last edited:
Upvote 27

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal

Sometime try the old machine first, then the new one on same ground
Would be interesting to see

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice, like my 600. the first of many more!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. That recovery speed will make a big difference. Other factors are soils, the moisture content and temperature of the ground, amount of frost upheaving if any, all kinds of stuff. At one of my sites, which has been hammered, I got a stinky signal that was one of those things you just don't dig unless you are really bored. It was one of the best finds I've had in years. It's also amazing how we can go over spots we thought we had nailed and still get stuff.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The Nox is a really find detector. Try to edit your pictures by cropping them. Mine use to go sideways until I started shrinking the picture or cropping it. Good luck.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Finds!:occasion14:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man...I'm still like'n that Old Courthouse. Gotta be more hiding. Keep up the good work. Congrats!

OP
OP
Dennis1209

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man...I'm still like'n that Old Courthouse. Gotta be more hiding. Keep up the good work. Congrats!

Can you imagine what it must have been like MDing fresh ground back in the 70's - 80's? I didn't start MDing until about 2006, and it's like arriving for Thanksgiving dinner at 10:00 P.M. and picking the bones off a turkey :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you and you machine are getting it done its gonna be a giid year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread