πŸ₯‡ BANNER Fellas .. I think I just paid for my Pirate Black Devil 2 PRO for times over today!!!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Today was the first nice day we have had in a while, so I headed back to the property I recently got permission to hunt. Last time, I hunted the woods, but today I ventured closer to the house.

Aside from the normal trash and bits & pieces, here are my finds for the day!

1970 Quarter............. 1969 Penny........ 1983 Nickel......... AND THE KILLER FIND OF THE DAY: a 1980 1 OUNCE of FINE GOLD Krugerrand from South Africa
1971 Quarter .............1975 penny........ VA 280 Seal ........ I had never heard of this coin before, so I took it to my jeweler friend who verified it is in fact gold.
1979 Quarter............. 1976 Penny ...................................My heart is still pounding!
1981 Quarter............. 1980 Penny
................................1983 Penny

Attachments

• Donyay Property 1.jpg
    Donyay Property 1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Donyay Property 2.jpg
    Donyay Property 2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 551
  • Donyay Property 3.jpg
    Donyay Property 3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Donyay Property 4.jpg
    Donyay Property 4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Upvote 159

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. A bullion coin found in the wild. I could imagine one lost with a bezel, but that coin looks like it was never part of jewelry. What an amazing surprise. Banner vote submitted.

Like the lead seal too.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
A dream find for any metal detectorist! Someone was probably pretty pissed about losing that one!! 100% banner, congrats on the find of a life time.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creskol that is awesome! Congrats!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaw freaking awesome to the umpth degree. Congrats! :notworthy:

Banner vote all the way.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Al.relics, Megalodon, coinman123, DocBeav, RVRoamer6 ..... Thank you all very much! I appreciate you all! :hello:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely there are nearly Infinite ways to loose something but only a few ways to re-locate them, fortunately metal objects or objects with metal on them can be located by a detector. Possibly you were on Virgin Ground, the mind boggling thing about your find is you came up with a 1980 Gold coin at the site, Why?

Is it possible there are more there? Maybe doing some research about the site would produce some clues as to who lost it, why it became lost and any possibilities of there being more there?!

Was the Coin near a specific location (if you remember, my mind would still be spinning), or in a straight line from an object???
Seems like a person would not be walking around with that in their pocket. Maybe a child took it outside to play with it? If someone purchased it for an investment then why did it end up outside in the ground. I am assuming it was not in a wrapper of any kind when you found it, is that correct? Was the purchaser of the 'K" a coin collector? But, a 1980 'K' is an investment coin, plain and simple. 39 years from production date, how long was it in the ground? Ah the twists and turns of life.

Very Interesting!..........63bkpkr

Last edited:

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE ! Well done !

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup....shes a banner. Home run, TKO, slam dunk. A huge congrats from me'

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Likely there are nearly Infinite ways to loose something but only a few ways to re-locate them, fortunately metal objects or objects with metal on them can be located by a detector. Possibly you were on Virgin Ground, the mind boggling thing about your find is you came up with Two Gold coins at one site, Why?

Is it possible there are more there? Maybe doing some research about the site would produce some clues as to who lost them, why there were two Au coins there and any possibilities of there being more there?!

Were the Au Coins near each other (if you remember, my mind would still be spinning), or in similar places, or in a straight line from each other??????

Very Interesting!..........63bkpkr

Thanks 63bkpkr .. I only found the one gold coin .. That one made my heart pound .. If I had found two like that, I probably would have gone in to cardiac arrest. I am pretty sure nobody has ever hunted that place, and I plan to go back when I can. I have to start a technical repair job tomorrow and will be tied up for a few days, but when that is over, I will be headed back for sure.

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT A FIND! That's what we are all hoping for but seldom find. Congratulations.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is crazy. Congratulations on an 1oz round of fine gold!!!! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the HUGE GOLD score. Wow and wow.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several Krugerrands. I guard them judiciously. Why would someone carry a gold bullion coin out where they could lose it? I'd sure love to know the story on that one! Banner find for sure. Congrats! Gary

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Mud Hut, KevGA, Squirrel322, Carolina Tom, ToddsPoint ... Thank you all for looking and for your nice comments. I appreciate that! :hello:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I have no interest in modern coins but if I found that... I'd be pretty interested!!! Congrats.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's freaking crazy Rob!! Isn't it funny how one find can change the whole damn outcome of a hunt :occasion14: You deserve this one big guy!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread