After over 20 years of MDing I did a 1st for me.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Yes, after 20 plus years of detecting I went to my first Tot Lot today! This is only the 3rd time out for me in the last year and a half due to back problems so I have to take it easy right now. In an hour and a half I came ome with: 9 clad quarters, 12 dimes, one of them a silver 1954, 7 nickels, 18 pennies and a Hot Wheels Motor Cycle. After reading about all you guys and gals hitting the Tot Lots on here I told myself I got to give it a try. Thanks for looking at my post. Sorry no pictures, I use Webtv and its not compatable with Tnets program.

Desertfox

Upvote 0

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
NICE FINDS HOPE YOU CAN GET OUT MORE

HH DDEII

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Paul,

Congrats on hitting a silver dime in the tot lot!! Quite an achievement!!

There's probably more than a few on this forum hoping to strike their first silver coin this year. You found one....and in a tot lot of all places!

Hope your back will allow you to get out a little more!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EEEyyaa, I have to admit, Tot lots and the like are fun! I enjoy hunting those areas once in awhile and it is nice to find a hand full of clad and the odd thing or two. Good you got out, those short fun hunts are a great way to help build up to the tougher terrain and relic hunts. HH, Mike

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Glad you were able to get back out. Surely those finds will inspire you to work back into it full time.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Welcome to the wood chips! Congrats on the silver! Lots easier digging in the chips than in the grass & dirt. Rest up and do it some more, you will learn to love it like the rest of us tot lot junkies do.

OP
OP
desertfox

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
;D Thanks for the inspiration guys. Sometimes that's all we need to get us back on track; of course that little thin silver dime didn't hurt any either! Happy Hunting All

Desertfox

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nice job in the tot lot...you can find some goodies...but most seem to be hit or miss....lots of guys like the woodchips...and I truely believe it is impossible to go into them every week and come out with tons of coins and jewelry....but you never know...look you hit silver and quite a few nickels... I use them to pad my numbers...when I hit the ones I know for a fact have never been hit before...it is possible to hit a 100...if you dig everything...good luck...if you have any more well traveled tot lots give them a shot...but dont count on finding silver in one again for a while....now watch you will post after next hunt with 2 more... ;D Be careful with that back...it is why I did not hunt today... ;)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you're out there again..sometimes those playground/wood chip lots don't have much, and sometimes they're just loaded! I went to a few today that I haven't been to since mid-summer, two of them didn't have squat but one school wood chip area gave up a huge handful of change and a ring..if you keep at it you're sure to find jewelry there as well as coins and other neat stuff.

Best of luck and keep checking those parks and schools..there's lots to be found there.

Nat

OP
OP
desertfox

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Gregg and Nat fot the tips on Tot Lots. I can ubnderstand why they get hit so often. The Digging is Easy!
Thanks again guys.....Happy Hunting

Desertfox

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
where theres wood chips there is kids, where there is kids there is mothers, where there is mothers theres GOLD!!!! i love those tot lots for the days when you have a limited amout of time, at least your out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread