Got my white whale... Diamond!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for about 4 hours yesterday in hopes to score at a community arts center that was dedicated as an arts center 1893. It was a Victorian style mansion and very beautiful. Well, it was a bust. Hardly any signal due to sod being replaced 2 years ago...

I continued on to several parks with either too many signals or no signals. I then pulled up the historical aerials website to see what the old parks were in the area. After finding a park to go to, and spending maybe 15 minutes there, I began seeing more of those unfilled holes... This is getting out of hand...

The next two hours consisted of going over the holes with the detector, filling them in, and trying to find areas I could hunt that hadn't been hunt already. I probably filled in 30 holes.

A while later, I was looking through some holes, and found a 52/Nickel signal and I went to my knees with the pin pointer thinking it was a nickel as almost every hole had a target left in them (generally coinage). I popped this beauty...

IMG-4664.JPG

Here is the ring cleaned up.

IMG-4666.JPG
IMG-4667.JPG
IMG-4668.JPG

It is a 10K female band with several little diamonds and a stone I believe is opal. It weighs about 3 grams. I finally got my diamond ring :hello2:! They have been taunting me lately and I felt like Captain Ahab. Other finds include general clad, a geode..., and a St Patricks Day pin.

IMG-4669.JPG
IMG-4670.JPG
IMG-4671.JPG

Now to find a new whale! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Upvote 12

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
NICE! Great job staying focused and not giving up!!!! She's a beauty for sure. :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring, congrats!

I am sick of people not filling their holes! :BangHead:

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter101-
Nice dig on a 52...you never know until it is out of the ground...and you never know if you don't dig it...

Your new "whale"? How about a CS belt plate...might be a stretch out in Utah, but if you keep digging, who knows!

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That opal is much better and more valuable than all of those diamonds put together. Great find!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow what a beautiful ring you found. Congrats:occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
its a looker for sure

OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That opal is much better and more valuable than all of those diamonds put together. Great find!

I just received an appraisal for the ring... The Opal is black opal from Australia.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread