10 Years Age Progression

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A huge amount of people worldwide go missing each year, but it's always great when you read about a missing person being found, even tho you may or may not be the family members or friend of the missing person, today's media coverage let's you be right there with the details of whats going on, much more personal than before the internet.
Even tho an inanimate object like a ring is not a living person, when a piece of jewelry goes missing, the sentimental and emotional feelings a person has about that and the person whom it belonged to can take on the feelings of it being a living thing.
The story of this missing ring started ten yrs ago when the pictured lady's husband was mowing grass and it came off. They searched off and on to no avail and her husband passed away a few yrs later. Late Nov. of 2018 I got in touch with her and went out to search only to find frozen ground. She wasn't quite sure of the metal type either white gold or silver. She had an old picture of it when it was new (1st pic) and I thought ok well I will look for both metal ID's and ignore everything else. It has 4 small diamonds on it and I thought it was white gold cos' not too many people put diamonds in silver settings but there are some that do. I took some notes on signals I got and we decided to search again in the spring. Today I grid searched the area where she remembered him saying he was when the ring came off. I had to clear quite a bit of junk to get thru as I wasn't sure how far down the ring may have settled over the years but I did have a number I was looking for on the MXT from past searches. The soil was black as coal and silty but the ground was damp and easy to dig. As I swept the coil I got a repeatable, sharp and short signal +12 with a reading about 3" deep and decided to dig. As I was pinpointing, the signal kept saying I'm here plz find me! Moving dirt to the side of the hole I saw a silver object with nice contrast against the soil shining back at me happily that it was soon to be free from it's entombment.
I waved for her to come to the back and I have never seen a person run so fast! She looked down into the hole and pulled the ring from the earth and looked at me and no words were needed as to how thrilled she was! So after 10yrs the rings rhodium coating got dulled a bit as can be seen in the pics, but other than that it was in great shape. As I was packing and cleaning my gear it was nice to listen to her call her friends and family members announcing that the spirit of this very sentimental ring and family member was reunited with it's loving family.....back where it belonged!
Jon

RFfhllzWhtAuNew4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuVfront4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuVside4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuAsIs4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuGround4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuC4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuCrop2 4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuNess4-13-19.jpg

Upvote 37
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable Mention lets hear it

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Flowinghair

Apr 4, 2019
Mojave
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That story put a smile on my face, great job you did there!

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best reads on here, way to go. I have my bucket listers and something like this is one of them.

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find and a heart warming story. Congrats and we'll done. Oh almost forgot, definitely an honorable mention.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best reads on here, way to go. I have my bucket listers and something like this is one of them.
Thank You Vhoov!
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find and a heart warming story. Congrats and we'll done. Oh almost forgot, definitely an honorable mention.
Thank You Jamie1993!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get an Honorable Mention this is worthy if any one ever was. My Wifes Grandmother has mentioned a few times about losing a Diamond ring in the garden in NY years and years ago I want to try to find it next time I go there.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent story and save, congratulations on bringing her & the ring together
Thank You Inspector! Wanted to mention she lost her small gold ring with a ruby stone back in the early 80's in same vicinity which I'm on the search for, I will post any new information.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get an Honorable Mention this is worthy if any one ever was. My Wifes Grandmother has mentioned a few times about losing a Diamond ring in the garden in NY years and years ago I want to try to find it next time I go there.
Thank You Tommy! and you should be able to find it if it's there with your equinox 800, if you have problems send me a pic of the area in question I will dowse it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna try for sure my friend

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Story! :notworthy:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Inspector! Wanted to mention she lost her small gold ring with a ruby stone back in the early 80's in same vicinity which I'm on the search for, I will post any new information.

Jon, Wish you and her the best on that recovery

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Honorable mention for a job well done and a true good deed.

Keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread