3 Silver Hammered coins found in UK with Ace 250

grayfray

Greenie
Aug 25, 2007
Hello, I found these 3 silver hammered coins on a stubble field near Chester UK approx 5 weeks ago, using a Garrett Ace 250 ( I bought this detector after being out of the hobby for 7 years and just thought I would buy something cheap to see if I wanted to get back into the hobby.)
The deepest of the coins was about 4 inches down, all coins gave a clear 2 way signal, though I was driven a little crazy digging loads of coke that was also giving a clear 2 way signal. I was using the custom menu with the first 3 segments notched out and sensitivity full.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 352
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
very nice finds indead i hope you are going to stick at it now i have just got my ace 250 and was thinking of seting a custom menu i will try with the first 3 segments notched out

OP
OP
G

grayfray

Greenie
Aug 25, 2007
ukeden said:
very nice finds indead i hope you are going to stick at it now i have just got my ace 250 and was thinking of seting a custom menu i will try with the first 3 segments notched out

Hi , I done some experimenting before I went out and found that by knocking the first 3 out the Ace 250 will still accept hammered, Then just dig anything that gives a good tone.....you should be ok in Cumbria with all that Roman history up there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread