DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a Relic Hunter for 20 years. Moved to Florida 2 Years ago and finally bought the beach stuff this past week. Garrett Infinium, Long Handled Scoop, 3 Coils.

Did my first water hunt on Monday for a couple of hours. Stuck to the gold signal tones since I was short on time and didn't want to dig lots of clad. On an Infinium they are a High/Low tone. Had a close encounter with a Manatee. You don't see those in a Civil War camp! That was really neat. He was just a few feet from me for about 5 minutes and even stuck his head up to say hello! He was HUGE!!!

Anyway, found my share of junk, bobby pins, tabs, and this really nice Platinum Ring. That should help offset my expenses a little bit.

Attachments

• RING PIC.jpg
    RING PIC.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 531
  • RING PIC.jpg
    RING PIC.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
VERY NICE!!!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great job, Chief!

Very pretty platinum ring!

Congratulations and HH in your new environs!

Ridley

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice find !! The biggest pay off for this hobby is relaxation for me.The great finds are a bonus.Keep up the good work.HH...Panz

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
A great first find as I see it. Make sure that frog doesn't jump off with the beauty. I am sure more will follow as you gain more experience. Amazing how in this hobby detecting can be so different yet the same. look forward to your future posts and thanks for sharing.
HH Roy

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring....platinum is hard to come by!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. I recently tried water hunting and I have to say it has a whole new set of challenges. I enjoyed it though and might get a water machine later.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A platinum ring for your first water find! WOW Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread