Long CW dry spell . . . but it's RAINING RELICS now!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a small piece of land amid my permissions that I have never had access to. I was finally invited to try it. First find was a beautiful Eagle I cuff in perfect shape. Then a general Service Eagle coat size button. Also nice. Then it dried up like someone turned a faucet off. I was finding tons of farm iron, but nothing period. This is about 25% of the iron I dug:

DSCN7324.jpg

Worked my way to another corner of the property and thought I had another horseshoe when I found about half of a sword scabbard.

DSCN7300.jpg

I was over the moon, and I covered the hole turned and walked five feet and THIS popped out of the next hole.

DSCN7305.jpg

From then on, it was non-stop. 1854 Large cent, 2 cent piece, 2 war-date IHPs, another Eagle, a flat, a NY button, 2 sword hangers, a partial marked lead bar, bullets, various brass and iron buckles, a cartridge box finial, Harmonica pieces, melted lead, a fork in the same hole as the plate . . . MAN what a hunt. Best day in two years.

DSCN7307.jpg

DSCN7326.jpg

DSCN7328.jpg

DSCN7299.jpg

DSCN7325.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN7328.jpg
    DSCN7328.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 55

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN!!!!
What a hunt .

I love all the Finds , of-course the Breast Plate in that superb condition steals the show , but the 2 cent piece , & the IH are is beautiful dug shape , as are the buttons. The Scabbard is awesome , Buckles YEAH! , I love Iron ones when the come from the right site ( actually I like them all ), Finial is Cool , I got one like it almost 2 years ago. All the Lead is great , the stamped bar is cool as heck , I never got one of those.....Oh still hunting a Breast Plate also.

The LC is a find that eludes me still , Banner in my book just on that.

BTW the relics I mentioned before took an estimated 20 , 4-9 hour hunts to dig what I mentioned but in 1 hunt ..WOW!
When the relics of that Quality (Rare these day's ) are popping it's a Natural High & a HUGE adrenaline rush., I just got chill bumps thinking about it . lol

Love the pictures , you were truly blessed with some quality finds .

You still use the Tejon?

Good Luck if you go back ..Bet there is a Half Dime or Dime hiding there somewhere.
Davers

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MAN!!!!
What a hunt .

I love all the Finds , of-course the Breast Plate in that superb condition steals the show , but the 2 cent piece , & the IH are is beautiful dug shape , as are the buttons. The Scabbard is awesome , Buckles YEAH! , I love Iron ones when the come from the right site ( actually I like them all ), Finial is Cool , I got one like it almost 2 years ago. All the Lead is great , the stamped bar is cool as heck , I never got one of those.....Oh still hunting a Breast Plate also.

The LC is a find that eludes me still , Banner in my book just on that.

BTW the relics I mentioned before took an estimated 20 , 4-9 hour hunts to dig what I mentioned but in 1 hunt ..WOW!
When the relics of that Quality (Rare these day's ) are popping it's a Natural High & a HUGE adrenaline rush., I just got chill bumps thinking about it . lol

Love the pictures , you were truly blessed with some quality finds .

You still use the Tejon?

Good Luck if you go back ..Bet there is a Half Dime or Dime hiding there somewhere.
Davers

Funny you should ask. I was GIVEN (Yes given) a Deus by a relic hunter that simply doesn't hunt anymore. I have tried and tried with it. I know it is an awesome machine in the right hands, and once it is thoroughly learned. But I had it on this hunt. I would hunt until I got what I thought was a good signal (Various programs, "Deep" and "Hot Sifter" usually) and then I would fire up the Tejon and listen. I never got a Deus signal that I couldn't hear with the Tejon. And I could tell iron from brass with the Tejon just fine because I know the machine. The Deus just confused an old guy like me. I found everything in this post with the Tejon.

Also funny you mentioned dimes and half dimes. This property is basically surrounded by a permission I call "Half-dime farm" because I've found 5 there. And strangely, all in amazing shape. Almost perfect. And all dated 1861. And yes, I was SERIOUSLY blessed to have a day like this. They are darn rare these days.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding finds! Congrats!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome site, amazing saves of history, the breast plate is unbelievable condition, congrats on all the saves

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some serious relics for sure! Congrats for a great haul!!!!! :occasion14:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
those are some amazing finds. That would indeed be a good day. Congrats

MAILITY

May 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pile on with more congrats on salvaging so much history in one haul! Very well done mate! Cheers to ya - :occasion14:

That was a good hunt. When you say small piece of land how large is it? Hopefully it has more honey holes like the last one you dug. Great hunt the plate looks perfect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread