Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Continuing my 23rd year hunting this great site on te 6th of April this year found my 2nd 6 pounder French (Flur DE lea ) cannon ball . The first about 15 years ago. Now I know the question will come, and I will answer it now, if this was a battle between the American's and British what's up with this French ball. Well the answer is before the Brits sailed from Nova Scotia to Maine to established a presence here they has captured a French ship called the St Helena . She had 14 six pounders on her and a few 4s. So let me continue since I found another 6 was going for the trifecta this year and looking to find ordnance of the French , American and British. Took the French ball off my list. On the 6th of May found at the site where the gold guinea was found a half rare hex American bar shot. Took that off my list. Two down and one go on that mission. Yesterday did a hunt where Revere had set up his cannon and four 3 weeks both the American's and British cannonaded each other. Was working a hill just before Revere's cannon were and had pulled up 2 grape shot just before my Deus gave me a sweet 35 on my remote. Gary, that's me. knows what it was and about a foot down , on the side of the hole uncovered what i recognizes as a 6 pounder solid shot ball. Pulled out my camera and since Mother Nature had cradled it in her earth for about 240 come July of August this year now took pics as what i call the "A"s call "In Siti". Might be the wrong spelling on that one. Anyway here r pics now u can enjoy . Cleaned up very well and by the way it is British with a perfect spru mark on her. American ord usually crude. My 60th ball and still get a thrill every time one comes under my coil. Heard of "Lipstick on a Pig" . Well a little humor here in my last pic of the French ball. BTW I can get away with it being half French myself. Enjoy .WE.

Attachments

• DSCN3650.JPG
    DSCN3650.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN3651.JPG
    DSCN3651.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN3643.JPG
    DSCN3643.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN3657.JPG
    DSCN3657.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN3272.JPG
    DSCN3272.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN3274.JPG
    DSCN3274.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the fine pieces of history! :occasion14:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great find! Congratulations and thanks for sharing that with us!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s a great find Gary.
A bucket lister for me.
Great post too

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice piece of New England history recovered!!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Im so jealous - been in hobby since age 12 - 1975
I read about "expedition" long long ago and always thought it would be cool to try and hunt there trail
So youre living my dream - at least one of them
Been long time since i read - correct me if im wrong - it there a story where they were trying to climb next to a waterfall
and a soldier fell into the waters below losing his musket along with his life ?
I thought it would be cool to find that rifle - if in fact it was lost there
Continued sucess :icon_thumleft:

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great piece of history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread