FINALLY!!!

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday was at a local park and a couple of guys walked up to me and we started chatting about MDing. Talked about who we watch on Youtube, where we hunt etc. Anyway, they told me about an old school here in town I wasn't aware of (circa 1897). Beautiful cool morning this morning, so I thought "why not", let's give it a try. Knowing this place is no different than any other [about hunted out], I thought I'd install my NEL 12 x 13" Tornado coil, and take along my Nox 600 for when I got tired and needed something much lighter. Yesterday I dug something I thought was silver and my heartbeat started to rise. Turned out it was a piece of play money, bummer! Very first target today and the very first hole (at 8+ inches) came out an exact looking grayish coin like the play money yesterday, covered with a little dirt. From my bad Ju Ju yesterday I didn't get all excited right then and there. Pulled out my "FOO Foo" juice, and as I was spraying the coin, my heartbeat was rapidly climbing to the roof. I was spraying the obverse side first. It's my first seated dime since I moved down here, WOW!
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG

There's a zillion of these things I started digging. Before I pitch them, does anyone have an idea of what they are?
IMG_0080.JPG

Upvote 21
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first Seated dime is a very sweet milestone in the hobby. You got a neat one, too; the 1854 with arrows variety. My last Seated was also the 1854 with arrows variety, and I was very happy with that one, bubba.

Congratulations on your nice dime.

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
IIRC those pistol cartridge casing looking items really are cartridge casings, but they're marker rounds used by lumber companies. They use them for marking specific trees on the fly.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet seated dime, bet there is more for you to find! :occasion14:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the sweet seated and other great finds!

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IIRC those pistol cartridge casing looking items really are cartridge casings, but they're marker rounds used by lumber companies. They use them for marking specific trees on the fly.

Spot on...I would agree with the pistol cartridge marker rounds.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recovery on the seated & the 36, nice jewelry saves & the wheats look nice, must be good soil, congrats

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings. The play money I’m sure was a let down but the barber must have put a quick smile back on your face. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread