Instead of finds, what about not finds

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few years here in western pa, Mercer county and related areas, oh and I must say many trips in the woods after reviewing old maps, and ground searching, oh and yes very patient not like many, we have found 4 silver coins nothing of significance. Be open minded yes have found wheat pennies, nickel, dimes, quarters. No rings, a silver religion necklace pendant. Anyhow sounds common I’m sure. So folks any of you that experience this well guess what it’s part of the hobby, oh and many mosquito bites to. Our equipment is compared to most Garrett, whites. Seriously u less I go south to Pittsburgh or north to Erie possibilities better. But when u makes road trip we don’t go blinded we at least do some homework. This area has history but everything isn’t mapped , old folks with information died off so the internet is good but not great. As the filthy country has progressed forward to say, I’m so disgusted with the amount of trash or garbage we put in the ground in 200 years we r sad humans. Paved roads, new buildings have covered much opportunities of the past, I will say this you might have an idea what you will find in an area but in all honesty it’s random and you are better of digging uses you are a so-called expert, yeah right. Nobody has a clue the depth of what we call lost treasure or relics in the ground , much more is in the oceans etc but for most of us that’s untouchable or unattainable for obvious reasons. In ending I do this hobby to get the he’ll outta the house and get a piece of mind get away from all the unhuman society folks that are addicted to phones instead of interacting with humans very sad how the interaction of people has changed drastically not good. Well everyone has a story, if your sitting there and want to offer a story or suggest there are still a few of us that care, thankyou.

Upvote 4

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a spoon or knife, or scissors, lol thanks

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same when I see it here too. I live in Florida....tourist state. Most of the visitors here never, ever experience what Florida is to a native. The world I live in does not revolve around tourist traps. You can't get me to go to Disney...been there, done that maybe 3 times since it opened in 1971. Twice to pick someone up in the parking lot and one trip into the "KINGDOM" with a girlfriend that was employed there. I get nothing out of it, sorry! Lots of times, visitors here never see what this place is without all the hoopla. Not to pick on Disney but most theme parks are similarly boasted as the great vacation destination. As I grew up here it was always easy to find a place where it looked like you might be the only human ever to lay foot prints there. Probably not so, but until you search, you don't know. The more "progress" we have here, the more I miss my home. It's disappearing. I live in a very rural area now and for the last 28 years. There is a little history of the settlement of this area back into the late 1800s which keeps me interested. I've been researching this area for years and have found some neat stuff but it still amazes me that I pick up trash in unreal ratios no matter where I go. But then, I come back to "hey" if there's trash here, man's been here, I'm looking for lost stuff, so I'm in a good area....

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate your response, I like simple and old, I’m not trying to for heaven sake get folks interested in history and keeping America respectable but where did it all go wrong. I see many folks blue collar, white collar walking around like robots so disconnected and don’t give a rat sass about real history of there own hometown very frustrating. I don’t need these folks but they complain but do nothing, we agree it went wrong quickly long ago , thankyou

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think the golden rule is mostly overlooked...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trash everywhere...sad, very sad!:BangHead:

Most seem not to know what a trash can looks like or worse how to use it! :dontknow:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill tell ya Ive picked up many many many pounds of trash while in this hobby

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in a small town but trash is still a problem because a lot of people are just plain SLOBS who don't give a "darn" about the mess they make. I live on a country road but about a mile and a half down the road is a McD's, Wendy's, and a Dunkin' Donuts. Needless to say as a large number of their customers drive down the street, they're throwing all the junk out their car window.....wrappers and uneaten food. What's the matter with throwing it in a garbage can in their respective parking lots or taking it home and then disposing of it. And then of course there are the large cities where trash is a total nightmare...…….If we outlawed "drive-thrus" we might be able to reduce "some" of the trash.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
America nation of trash. We are destroying the whole planet so we can have a first world country with a great lifestyle. We need to get rid of disposable everything and buy less stuff. This is the result of unfettered capitalism. The only way the problem will be fixed is through the collective effort of our entire society. Every one of us can make a difference even if it's a small one. It all adds up. Once the government gets on board with the idea of saving the planet for the future there is a chance. As long as we rely on fossil fuels we are in deep excrement. Metal detecting is great because we can experience a glimpse of a more simple life... yet probably equally as stressful as our lives today.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only our kids were being educated about this correctly

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One man's trash is another man's treasure 8-)

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah not much effort in respecting the dam planet u depend on. Most folks r to dam focused on situation relations they r in, this means less caring about everything in general, we are a what's convenient and who cares society in shirt. I wish parents would teach there kids it's a total travesty when u see this nonsense everyday. Kids no two parent family, don't learn rights and wrongs as we did. Anyhow on and in, it's never to late, but life is much shorter than we think, thanks

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I care enough to never own a Mobile Phone.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome words yeah truth be spoken many have no clue simply ignorant to the own very well being, worst part is they don’t care it bothers me because I care

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
America nation of trash. We are destroying the whole planet so we can have a first world country with a great lifestyle. We need to get rid of disposable everything and buy less stuff. This is the result of unfettered capitalism. The only way the problem will be fixed is through the collective effort of our entire society. Every one of us can make a difference even if it's a small one. It all adds up. Once the government gets on board with the idea of saving the planet for the future there is a chance. As long as we rely on fossil fuels we are in deep excrement. Metal detecting is great because we can experience a glimpse of a more simple life... yet probably equally as stressful as our lives today.

NO MORE TOILET PAPER! Fossil fuels used to make and keep your metal detector working.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear ya on the lack of maps. I live in Carter County Ky, and the ol' country bumpkins never had any maps. They just said, "O'er thar by them big ol' tree's out yonder".When those guys died off, they left the new guys clueless. I am trying my upmost to find out where a certain bridge and a certain spring are so I can find some stuff, no matter the insignificance.

I think our hobby is going into a downward spiral with a lack of appreciation. Folks just say, "I dug a wheatie. Coulda done better", or "found a stupid three ringer today, where are the Enfields?". Those wheaties were important to someone back then! Those three ringers meant life or death to a soldier during the war! No matter what I find, I keep it, and appreciate it. That's why God let us invent metal detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread