Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I was out hunting at some old house ruins with my Equinox 800. About 20 min into the hunt i got a strange hi tone near a house foundation. I was digging all signals at this point. I pinpointed the target and stuck the spade into the ground as i lifted the soil i just saw coins everywhere in the hole. My hart skipped a beat and and i thought TREASURE:laughing7: while i retrieved the coins my eyes were everywhere making sure no one was watching. In total there was 20 silver coins and 6 copper coins all dated from the 1920s to the 1930s. My hunt was pretty much over after finding those coins but i kept on hunting thinking about those coins. I must have re scanned the hole about 5 times after closing it up to make sure i did not miss a single coin. I did find a couple more relics and coins one being what i think is a silver handle for a comb or mirror maybe. I strongly believe that those coins were buried by someone and not a coin spill but i could be wrong. A person can see where the coins stuck to each other on the marks on the coins.

In total there is 3x 2 and a half shillings, 2x 2 shillings, 2x 1 shillings, 9x six pences and 4x 3 pences. I still need to clean the coins and will send a update of cleaned coins. These coins i want to display together

Thanks for looking and Happy hunting to all

BC2.jpg
BC3.jpg
BC4.jpg
BC5.jpg
BC6.jpg
BC7.jpg

These 2 pennies are still stuck together

BC9.jpg

The rest of the finds. Still needs to be cleaned

BC10.jpg
BC11.jpg
BC12.jpg

I dont know if this is silver or not. It has no markings that i can see but it cleaned up like silver

Last edited:
Upvote 55

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. 20s and 30s anywhere in the world was tuff times. That's quite a bit of change for a spill..I'm thinking cache!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread