Fish or flour?.....some coins and a button

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
went out to detect an already harvested wheat field closeby where I live. A lady who lives right next came out asking me what I'm doing there - rather unfriendly - when I introduced myself showing her some of the trash I'm picking up she became more relaxed and did not have any complaints left. I found that green coin on top of the ground - my first surface coin (likely to be 1 Pfennig) then a button and 1 Euro. Just before leaving the field I found that lead figure which I think it's a fish. My wife sees a flower or at least a part of a flour. I have no idea just like the find much.
Ihate typing errors - FLOWER not flour!

DSCN0019.JPG DSCN0020.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi nice finds Congrats:icon_thumleft: The shape of the lead does look like a fish at quick glance with fin at the top but the design/ patterns on the lead looks like flower pedals or leaves so i am not sure. Still a nice find

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Horst. I hope your temps are better than ours here in the South. Very hot and and humid. Glad you're getting out. That's a interesting lead piece. Hope you can get a good ID and share.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoping for a good ID too.....it could be a piece of a flower ornament or a fish.....I'm a flyfisherman...I tend towards the fish!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, I like to Streamer fish with my Orvis in late April into mid may for smallmouth in our TVA lakes that are now getting overrun with Kentucky spotted bass. Nothing like a ole bronze back, hate to see them in less numbers as the years pass. GL to ya!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to go with fish, because as its pictured it seems that the right end is threaded and screwed into something, making it look like a fish design as it were standing up. If it were a flower, the threaded end would be on the left side, so as it screwed in, it would look like a flower with the leaves or petals facing up. Just a guess. Its my over analytical ways kicking in. Did I confuse you more ?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see fish too!

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it looks like the fish is the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

:occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your wife is right. It looks to be part of a bigger 'statue' including foliage made of spelter (cheap pot metal), so probably early 1900s.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grrrr.....she might be right.....I'm not sure either but I do like the find....thank you all for your comments this is what all the fun is about.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread