Silver and a scout award

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a few hours yesterday and scored a Rosie and a Cub Scout award pin. After that I was door knocking trying to get permission to an 1864 home. The renter said it was fine with him but I would have to get the owners permission first. I eventually caught up with the owner at his home and he gave me permission to two of his properties including the 1864. The owner was a WW2 vet who was present for the signing of the peace treaty with Japan! I spent maybe 45 min talking with this man of 97 years. I really didnโ€™t even wanna leave but didnโ€™t wanna keep him. It was the highlight of my weekend to chat with a member of our greatest generation. Great find. B15EBEAD-F371-4A8A-A152-6E522DE3DF9F.jpeg

Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IIRC, the bobcat pin is the first thing you get when you join the cub scouts. You put it on upside down until you do a "good deed" for someone then you can turn it around. I had one in about 1962. Gary

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, but I think the real "treasure" here, was the conversation with the WW11 Veteran. Good luck at your permissions.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IIRC, the bobcat pin is the first thing you get when you join the cub scouts. You put it on upside down until you do a "good deed" for someone then you can turn it around. I had one in about 1962. Gary
I never got one when I joined Im going to have to Google search my leader and complain, Nice find and any day with silver is a good day in my book

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the interesting info ToddsPoint. I gave it to a friend who has a friend who is a collector of scout stuff and whom is still involved in the scouts.

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, but I think the real "treasure" here, was the conversation with the WW11 Veteran. Good luck at your permissions.

Yes, most definitely. Best find of the day. Hopefully I get to speak with him again soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread