xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a narrow window of time yesterday and was able to get a quick hunt in. I went to a local median area that I had not detected yet and gave it a go. The area had so many bottle caps it was looking kind of grim. Right off the bat I dug a hole that had some broken ceramic in it. This made me think I was in a good spot and two Wheaties came out of the hole. Twas a good sign that there could be some silver. After a couple more holes I got a higher tone that was kind of mixed. I found a nice WWII era quarter that I absolutely scraped with my shovel. I rechecked the hole and was pleasantly surprised to find a second 1942 quarter with the same lovely look of silver that has been in the ground awhile. Both coins had this white / gray film on them that changed color to a dark gray after being exposed to the air. Sometimes when I scrape a coin it really bothers me. If this were a SLQ or a Barber I would have been downright mad. The ground was so hard and dry from the summer that I just had to accept it. It was a good day! I pulled 5 more Wheaties out and called it a day. I'm looking forward to going back to wrastle some more silvers out of there! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_7264.JPG
    IMG_7264.JPG
    706.5 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 17

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly did strike silver :laughing7: But that's twice as much silver as I "struck" this weekend :thumbsup:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always happy to see the silver!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
double sweet!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hit my share of coins it is hard not to when the ground is dry. 2 silver day is a great day.

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silv.!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions