Fun hunt with my wife, Dave, and Herky. Silver #1001 from my favorite site.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've hunted a few times since my last post, with a Merc or Roosey, some wheaties, etc., here and there, but I haven't had time to post. I've just been busy with work, and simply didn't take time to upload pics, etc...but we just returned from hunting this morning, so I figured I'd share.
We have gotten skunked the last two hunts at my favorite site I've been hunting since I was a kid back in the 70's, but this morning it coughed up silver #1001...the old Barber.
We then went to one of my other faithful old spots we have pounded for years, and popped out a few more keepers, with the Merc, a decent 1904 Indian...and another Indian that was toasted.
We all messed with our settings a little to try and coax a few more keepers out, and it worked!
I even hunted a little in all metal mode on my SE, which is something I NEVER do...and it drove me crazy. :laughing7: Wayyyyyy too many sounds for me, but when you are hunting the same sites you have been for 35 years.....you experiment with settings. 8-)
Thanks for looking, and may a little bit of silver find it's way under your coil and into your pouch.:headbang:

Attachments

• angieherky-850.jpg
    angieherky-850.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 90
  • novemberhunt-850.jpg
    novemberhunt-850.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 64
  • novemberhuntb-850.jpg
    novemberhuntb-850.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 64
  • novemberhuntc-850.jpg
    novemberhuntc-850.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 61
  • novemberhuntd-850.jpg
    novemberhuntd-850.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 60
  • novemberhunte-850.jpg
    novemberhunte-850.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 58
  • novemberhuntf-850.jpg
    novemberhuntf-850.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
  • novemberhuntg-850.jpg
    novemberhuntg-850.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 36
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what im talking about. Nice hunt.
Thanks, friend.

Very nice congrats on conjuring some silver from an old spot!
Thanks, it's been a blessing over the years.

Nice finds,

Every time you make a post about this particular site you hunt it makes me think of a place I've been pounding for the last 20 years that continues to just keep producing.

However I have not pulled over a thousand silvers from this place. But I'd say more than 500. It's just been an amazing site that I keep to myself.

It's my go to place when I need somewhere to go. It always gives up something.

Jer
Absolutely, Jeremy. I've taken a few close friends there over the years, and I trust them not to reveal it...especially since it's very private property. I learned my lesson a few years ago, when I made the mistake of posting a pic that was just revealing enough for someone to google search it, and match it up to a site of mine that has given up around 300 silvers. Within 2 weeks, the groundskeeper found over 40 poorly filled in holes left by locusts who invaded it. Needless to say, the site was shut down...and I had hunted it for over 20 years.

Great finds my friend!
Thanks, my friend.

Fun hunt, buddy. That place has been a life saver!
Absolutely.

Congratulations on silvers, great #, good going on the other saves too, sounds like a great day, HH
Thanks, friend. It definitely was a lot of fun.

He shoots....he scores!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. :occasion14:

I had a lot of fun, and am glad you got me started with detecting. My first two hunts spoiled me...no silver since.:BangHead:
Yes, you did get spoiled...lol.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!! I’m still dreaming of hitting #100 lol
Thanks, my friend. I hope you are doing well.

Bryce , I'm wondering how many lifetimes it would take me to dig 1001 silver coins - Congratulations !! I have found close to 50 in 12 years . I think I'm up to 130 silver rings - Nice to see you back here - seems like you took a break for a while , Cheers !
Thanks old friend. Yes, I took a few years of break time. Turned more into business than fun, and that's not for me. Good to hear from you.

Nice job on the finds..
Thanks, friend.

Nice old coin shooting! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks, friend. It's getting cold here. I think hunting days are limited.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great to see you back in action silverfreak...congrats!

MSpeiser

Nov 5, 2019
NW Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow, over a thousand from the same site. I just started hunting a site 2 years ago that had been hit for many years and have taken 243 silvers from there. Nothing as old as you have though. Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread