cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been an awesome week in the Northeast for detecting, except a brief cold snap on Friday night. I posted my first Liberty Cap large cent the other day, from a spot we've been countless times. The new detectors are bringing life to areas thought to be hunted out. Along with the largie, here are the rest of the week's finds from hard-hit areas, including today:

Took a quick jaunt to an area lake one early morning last week, found this sweet little reale on a hilltop I know for a fact I've walked a half-dozen times:

fullsizeoutput_1a83.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1aab.jpeg

Then Joe (ACOJoe) and I went back to the old scout camp for the gazzilionth time, also hunted by everyone in Western Mass who ever owned a detector. Joe had had a five-silver day there two weeks before, so we hoped for more. Going really slow and close to rocks I managed twin mercs and another nickel kerchief slide:

fullsizeoutput_1aaa.jpeg

I had about an hour on Friday and decided to go back to another local lake that's always been good to us, and up on top of a little knoll that we've all been to before I found a 1817 large right off the bat, and a foot away a no-date Napoleon III franc, which I haven't ever found before:

fullsizeoutput_1aa8.jpeg

Yesterday, Mike (Secondstar), Joe and I returned yet again to the scout camp with three XPs. I can't even count the wheats we've found in here in the last two weeks, I picked up another stack and two roosies (in fact we all got silver dimes):

fullsizeoutput_1aac.jpeg

Then, this morning, Veteran's Day, Joe and I went out for a couple hours back to the knoll above the lake. Didn't find much of anything until on the way out I got in close to a downed tree and got two beautiful tones. Yet another merc and my first SLQ of the year!

fullsizeoutput_1aa9.jpeg

Great week, great old spots with new life, thanks to all who served and thanks for looking.

p.s. Secondstar just posted his beauty Barber from the same lake spot this afternoon, unbelievable!

Last edited:
Upvote 40

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome finds that reale is one of the coolest looking coins out there. Keep pulling those silvers my friend. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread