Cashed In My Clad And Bought Precious Metal

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0577.JPG IMG_0586 (2).JPG IMG_0587 (2).JPG IMG_0588.JPG Though we're still hoping to get in one more hunt this year, Sue and I cashed in our clad finds. Sue used her money for Christmas shopping as she always does. I spent mine at a coin show to buy precious metal. Sue had fewer hunts than me and her total clads amounted to $133.14. My clad amounted to 2288 coins...…. 388 pennies, 222 nickels, 650 dimes, 1,017 quarters, 1 half, and 10 dollar coins...….. $345.13 At the coin show I bought a French 20 Franc gold coin and used what was left for 23 silver quarters.

Upvote 29

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I put my clad it huge mason jars makes it more fun to find smart to invest. Ever thi k of how much change is in the ground there is one park I hunt I've gotten at least 700 out of. Got tol be billions. Great post my friend

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome I put my clad it huge mason jars makes it more fun to find smart to invest. Ever thi k of how much change is in the ground there is one park zi hunt I've gotten at least 700 out of. Hotel be billions. Great post my friend

Thanks Tommy......Considering how much I've dug in 37 years and how many people detect, the amount of lost money is STAGGERING to say the least.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy......Considering how much I've dug in 37 years and how many people detect, the amount of lost money is STAGGERING to say the least.

It really is... I've only really been detecting starting this may... and most of that was spent with a cheap 100 dollar detector. Just at one house I have found dozens and dozens of coins, in fact 2 or 3 dozen just in wheaties. I have upgraded to ace 300 now though.

Last edited:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to cash my clad in and put it in a savings account for when i wanted a new coil or machine or just something for myself.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to cash my clad in and put it in a savings account for when i wanted a new coil or machine or just something for myself.

I think thats what I'll start doing. Its gonna be a while before I get enough to do anything useful.

BlueVW

Jan 17, 2015
Cabot, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
White Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is inspiring. I'm in an area where silver is slim pickings. I hunt for clad knowing it will be used for something better. The French coin is one of my favorites.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! That's a beautiful Gold coin to hold on to. Congrats on a great year.:thumbsup:

ajensen

Dec 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$330 in clad in six months--two of which were with a Harbor Freight $40 detector. I now have a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro and am really enjoying better, easier hunts. What I do with the money depends on where I search. I give to a scholarship fund, a missions trip, and my wife.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gift that keeps giving. Awesome year!
Thanks Beep......

Nothing wrong with buying something for yourself.....

That is inspiring. I'm in an area where silver is slim pickings. I hunt for clad knowing it will be used for something better. The French coin is one of my favorites.
Thanks BlueVW…..silver has been "slim pickings" around here too so the clad gives us something to shoot for.

Wow!! That's a beautiful Gold coin to hold on to. Congrats on a great year.:thumbsup:
Thanks RVRoamer…..we had a good year and a lot of fun along the way.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the productive year! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your wife did well. I haven't tumbled my coins yet, as I may get a few more hunts in for the year. I usually have enough clad to buy a tube of Silver Eagles. If by chance I dont have that much, then I just buy rolls of junk silver coins.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. That was my plan at the beginning of the year. I said I was going to find a gold coin this year or else! I was even going to buy one with my clad if I didn't!

Now, that I'm closing in on the end of the year, I'm finding that I don't want that, I want to find one, that wasn't planted, at the bottom of one of my plugs. :tongue3:

Good job!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You and your wife did well. I haven't tumbled my coins yet, as I may get a few more hunts in for the year. I usually have enough clad to buy a tube of Silver Eagles. If by chance I dont have that much, then I just buy rolls of junk silver coins.
Thanks Trezurehunter….I actually don't have a wife, Sue and I are both divorcees who live together. A tube of silver Eagles is a nice way to spend your clad finds. I usually buy junk silver with my clad but this year I decided on gold and spent the remainder on silver.

Yep. That was my plan at the beginning of the year. I said I was going to find a gold coin this year or else! I was even going to buy one with my clad if I didn't!

Now, that I'm closing in on the end of the year, I'm finding that I don't want that, I want to find one, that wasn't planted, at the bottom of one of my plugs. :tongue3:

Good job!
Thanks WHADIFIND...….you could still buy a gold coin with your clad but keep on searching for the one you've yet to dig. It took me 30 years before I finally found a gold coin and at my age I can't wait another thirty years for the next one, so the ones I buy will have to do. LOL

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to cash mine in, it’s getting out of hand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread