Sometime in the last 80 years, a Barber and a Buff missed the trolley

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Back at the silver farm this afternoon, I was plodding along, wondering if the new cottage I started was going to yield anything. My first signal ended up being a 35 wheat, so I thought there was potential, but it was all alone for a while. Then I got a mediocre dime signal, not the strong kind that leave no doubt, so I dug. The first piece out of the hole was a 27 Buff, which I found odd (given the signal), so I checked the hole again with the XLT. Still something, and that ended up being another Pittsburgh Railways Token. There was still something in the hole, and it was a second PRT! Guess what, I was still getting a signal out of the hole and discovered why. A 1906S Barber dime, very well worn, was last out. Sometime since 1927, this quartet was dropped and they've been waiting for me since. About ten feet away, this 44 Washington was added to the day's take. There was also an early (teens) wheat with an S or D, but it's too far gone to identify beyond that. Silver, and over a dollar made for a good hunt, with plenty of yard to go. The area where I found the old coins has different soil than some of the other property, and you can tell it hasn't been disturbed in ages!

Attachments

• trolleyride (2).jpg
    trolleyride (2).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have those lucky youngin's with you today? ;D Gosh, those are some super finds!

Great hunt! Congrats! Nana :)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting pocket spill halfdime. I wonder if that wheat was a 1914 D. Nice finds.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nana40 said:
You have those lucky youngin's with you today? ;D Gosh, those are some super finds!

Great hunt! Congrats! Nana :)
Yeah, the youngins were there; my daugther gave me a hug when she saw the Barber ;D.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice Henry. You went home with some nice keepers today. ;D ;D

Guess I have to hunt in PA to find one of those railroad tokens.....

Bob

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff there! You might want to try some peroxide on that wheat to get the crud off and see what it is...

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
BuckleBoy said:
Great stuff there! You might want to try some peroxide on that wheat to get the crud off and see what it is...

-Buckleboy
It's not crud, just badly worn and corroded.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds HD---Love those pocket spills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions