Another quick hunt in the park before dark!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Well I managed to sneak another quick hunt in before dark at the Big reservoir park here in Lexington again yesterday. I'd been busy with errands and other "chores" all day but since it was raining most of the day I didn't mind so much. When the rain stopped about an hour and a half before dark though, I grabbed my Prizm and headed to the park!
The grass was still wet.. well.. down right soggy in some spots! And Of COURSE, the soggiest spots were where I had to kneel down to dig a target. *sigh* A lot of those targets were junk and pull tabs, as usual, but some were coins.. A marble, funny I seem to find one or two of those every time I go detecting.. or almost anyway. I found a caster wheel off of some piece of equipment or furniture. Some plastic junk that some kid or kids lost.. and even found Mc DONALDS GAME PIECES!!!! Park Place anyone?? <laughing>
All in all not a bad hunt, for as short as it was.. 89 coins for $3.66 Battery money?

Here's the pics..

10-25-07 001.jpg

10-25-07 002.jpg

10-25-07 003.jpg

10-25-07 004.jpg

Got to love those short hunts that produce! I'll take an hour or hour and a half hunt that yields finds like these over an all day hunt that turns up the same amount. <smile>

Happy Hunting all

Frodov

Upvote 0

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
fro dov- can we change your moniker to "digsitall"...cause you do ...even stuff that's not metal.................aloha johny mc.

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
I think that name is already taken.. "Digsitall".. <grin> but as for digging stuff that isn't metal, well I didn't actually dig that stuff up. I find a lot of stuff on the surface WHILE I'm detecting. Just got to keep your eyes open while searching. <shrug> Most of the plastic and stuff ends up in the trash or the toy box. Yeah.. I've got a toy box. I started one not long after I began metal detecting earlier this year. I find all kinds of toys, cars, action figures, accessories, balls, marbles (though I hear there's a niche for that item... some collectors LOVE marbles.. <shrug>) The bottle caps I only save the "Coke" product caps, my wife enters the codes in "My Coke Rewards" for cool stuff, ring tones, music downloads, etc etc.
So I don't actually detect plastic.. that would be cool though wouldn't it? To create a detector that COULD detect plastic that's burried? Not that there would be any real application for it, or even a desire to DIG up plastic.. but it's a cool idea as far as the technology goes. <grin>

Keep Looking! It's OUT THERE!

Frodov

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
You and that Prism are hitting it hard! Once again good totals! :)

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi this coin finder, all I can say is WOW ! great Find! ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread