Jack Wilde

Mar 5, 2016
Duluth,MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, GP Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Friends!

These finds aren’t great, but they are my first, and they makes them treasure. I’m up in Northern Minnesota and everything’s frozen solid. However, I just got a Garrett Ace 400 and couldn’t wait until spring to try it out. I took it down to a local beach and got to work. The detector worked pretty darn well. Like I said, everything including the beach sand was frozen pretty solid. Despite the hard ground I still managed to pull a dime, a Bobby pin, and some foil. It was so much fun! I can’t wait for things to thaw so that I can do some proper recovery work!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582317231.786159.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582317306.411951.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1582317328.333846.jpg

Upvote 14

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the local history section of your public library, and search for old abandoned schools, fairgrounds, tent revivals, any place large groups of people gathered long ago.
Make a list, get permission, and when the weather breaks, you'll be ready.
Good luck, post some pics.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the ranks and remember, it's out there, you just have to look for it. Keep that attitude and you will have many great finds.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure you'll do well once it warms up. I'm not a fan of digging frozen ground either. Are the wooded areas frozen too? Leaf clutter insulates the dirt from freezing in PA.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job your gonna love this hobby the woods are a good hunting spot in the winter pretty easy diggin. Make a test garden at home puts some coins pop tops etc good way to learn your machine. Keep rippin my friend Tommy

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on your finds. Hope your thaw comes soon. We've had such a mild Winter, that I've been digging right along in the wooded areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread