2 hour hunt with slave badge and ?s

Smilodon

Apr 4, 2011
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
I was getting to go for a run and passed a small contruction site with a pile of dirt. Pulled over and a couple hours later I could not believe it. Unfortunatly it is going to be a parking garage and only have a few days to hunt it after 3:30pm. I live in Charleston SC and was lucky enough to find a couple years ago but I have never seen one with three holes punched in it. Don't know the reason why. The other item looks like a tiny badge with a hat on it, a silver looking buckle, A circular tag with a R stamped on it, not sure what the round thing is but it has some writing on it and a few others. Any suggestions answers are appreciated for identification purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    757.5 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 41

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's fantastic..:headbang: You don't a lot of the slave tags being dug any more . Great batch of relics!

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. Congrats!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was getting to go for a run and passed a small contruction site with a pile of dirt. Pulled over and a couple hours later I could not believe it. Unfortunatly it is going to be a parking garage and only have a few days to hunt it after 3:30pm. I live in Charleston SC and was lucky enough to find a couple years ago but I have never seen one with three holes punched in it. Don't know the reason why. The other item looks like a tiny badge with a hat on it, a silver looking buckle, A circular tag with a R stamped on it, not sure what the round thing is but it has some writing on it and a few others. Any suggestions answers are appreciated for identification purposes.

Def, a Banner Find & a HUGE part of OUR country's history , if some like it or not .

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that’s a banner all day long And you don’t hear about any more slave tags being dug to me this is a incredible find. Allow me to get ill but congratulations!!!!!!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
banner for sure .the first thing I looked at is where you live. you are at ground zero for the slave tag.
as rare as they are Charleston seem to be the only place you'd have any chance of finding one and you've done it!!
Congratulations on a rare relic recovery..

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
it's actually one of the better ones of the handful posted here over the past decade or so
only minor restoration to bring that one to museum quality....you're lucky to find such a rare thing

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang! nice find, I hear the fishermen badges are the rarest but they are all extremely valuable.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner yep great piece of History there. Well done

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer find, congrats! :notworthy:

Banner Vote! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Smilodon

Smilodon

Apr 4, 2011
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Thanks everyone, I still cannot put this tag down. I am just so lucky to be able to be able to detect in an area like this, although for a very limited time. I am going to try to go back tomorrow if the area is not paved over. I still dont believe I found it and didnt really think it was one because of the multiple punched holes. When I got home put on the glasses and could instantly see charleston stamped on it and called everyone I know. Believe it or not none of them can make it to the site this week.

I had time to take a few more photos of the items that I could not see that clearly in the previous photographs. Hope it helps and they can be identified. I still cant believe I was lucky enough to find this take. Take care

Attachments

• IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1959.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 52

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great piece of a terrible history. That thing has a lot of historic heaviness. Congrats on a rare find!! Get back there quick!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I still cannot put this tag down. I am just so lucky to be able to be able to detect in an area like this, although for a very limited time. I am going to try to go back tomorrow if the area is not paved over. I still dont believe I found it and didnt really think it was one because of the multiple punched holes. When I got home put on the glasses and could instantly see charleston stamped on it and called everyone I know. Believe it or not none of them can make it to the site this week.

I had time to take a few more photos of the items that I could not see that clearly in the previous photographs. Hope it helps and they can be identified. I still cant believe I was lucky enough to find this take. Take care
You have a nice Coin Weight 'double pistole'.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/help-identify-possibly-contempary-forgery-1-2-pistol-france.285453/
It's for a French Gold Coin. (see similar above)

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread