Slightly geeked after another cold day of social distancing...

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was a good day! Always makes it more interesting when you can trace the history of some items you find.

KeyF032220.jpg KeyB032220.jpg

This is an "Our Very Best" key from Hibbard, Spencer, and Bartlett. Love that you can still pick up a bit of color from the logo. HS&B was well known in Chicago. Originated in 1855. Can only venture a guess as to age from similar items on E-Bay. Somewhere 1930s-1940s :dontknow:. Apparently collectible as there are a number of these keys on E-Bay.

Fastener032220.jpg

This probably doesn't look like much but I thought it interesting so I hung on to it. Found a description on it, essentially "United-Carr Fastener Corporation, Boston". The Carr Fastener Company became United-Carr in 1928. They made Fasteners for automobile tops and side curtains. I'm guessing that's what this is.

I did come across a small disc I was unable to identify in the field. It rang up between an Indian Head Penny and a silver dime. Once home, I got a better clue.

SLD032220.jpg

If you look closely, you can probably see the shoulder on the left side of the coin. This has stars...no United States of America (as far as I can see). SO! My first Seated Dime of 2020! A bit geeked as this is the earliest I think I've pulled seated in a year:hello2:. Tried soaking it in H2O2 but it is not letting the crud go. I will likely start it soaking in olive oil to see if I can get it to clean up a bit and cough up a date. This coin seems very thin so possible 1853-1860:dontknow:.

Thimble 032220.jpg

Thimble. Interesting, but no markings to expand upon.

Pennies 032220.jpg

Some pennies to round it out.

Finds032220.jpg

Today's finds.

Seated Liberty Dime-Date undetermined
Indian Heap Penny-1882
(2) Wheatbacks-1940, 1944
Thimble
Our Very Best Key
Automobile top fastener (?)

PBS

Upvote 12

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thimbles are hard to come by let alone a complete/smashed one. Congrats on some nice finds.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds PlzB. You are doing very well by distancing yourself.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated that is awesome! My buddy had a barber quarter that looked like that. He knows a guy who is good at electrolysis so he sent him the quarter. A miracle was worked on it and it came out lookin awesome. I can't tell if your coin has been in a fire but electrolysis my get you some great detail.. I don't know looks like a potential candidate for that!

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might have to try that.

PBS

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated and Indian hope you can eek a date on her. Thats pretty good research on the key I need to check the hundreds I have Great post keep the cool finds coming. Tommy

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice finds. looks like a lamp shade fitting from the top of a lamp shade.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s a pretty good hunt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions