Today - 04/01/2020 - & Yesterday's Finds - Last time out for a while...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went to an old Park outside the city limits and found a Quarter & a Penny next to each other but not close enough for a Spill (no picture) and some junk (picture - reason for the picture is maybe someone can tell me if it's worth venturing out to hunt the Park during this mess). It's been suggested for me to stay inside but, I'm never around people - the closest I've been to anyone is 30 feet and that was purely by accident.

Today I went to my neighbor's house again to try out my new Vanquish 540 in their yard that I have hunted the heck out of. I found two (2) Silver Rosie's and one (1) Clad Dime - both the Silver Dime's are 1964 and one looks to have more Silver content than the other -, two (2) Memorial Pennies (one a 1990D and the other is unrecognizable (Zinc)), a Nail Spill (11 Nails and a Wing Nut in one hole), a piece of Glass with "...KES YOU" printed on it (I have no idea what it is), and a few other miscellaneous items. Both the Silver Dimes where found at 2 - 3 inches, which I found a bit odd them being that old and so close to the surface. Everything else was at least 5 - 6 inches deep.

Here's the pictures:

Today's Finds.
Today at the Neighbors_04_01_2020_0001.JPG Dime Picture_0002.JPG

Yesterday's Finds.
Yesterday at the Old Park_03_31_2020_0001.JPG

The whole Park is being renovated and, due to that, has pushed me into the ball field - I was hoping to find some lost Class Rings or other Jewelry. No luck yet.

Thanks for looking.

Stay safe!!
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 8

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear they are tearing up your park. Any chance you could search the areas where dirt has been moved?

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear they are tearing up your park. Any chance you could search the areas where dirt has been moved?

Thanks NZ49er!

I thought about that already but, they had put an Orange Tape barrier around the dirt piles which means it is a no-go area. This bothers me a bit because they will surely haul the extra dirt away. I determined that there was way more "extra" dirt than they would need to fill in any areas around the modifications.

As far as where the dirt was moved from, that is definitely a no-go area. They have already started adding a Pavilion and another Tot Lot (this one will make 5).

I plan on making a phone call to the Parks Supervisor, I know him well, and see if he minds me going in after they leave for the day. Who knows, I may get lucky.
-DH-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread