School Lot Finds

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the last week or so, I've been working on a middle school that I am going to rename the Dime School. I say that, because of all of the dimes that I have been finding there. Been there 5 times, and I've found 85 dimes so far, along with a ton of other clad. You've all seen pictures of clad, so I didn't take any pictures of it. To give you some idea as to the amount of clad, todays hunt ended up being 74 coins in about 3 hours. What I'm picturing, are some of the other items that I have found while going to school.

The first picture is of a cross, which I think is aluminum, and a Lincoln Stars Hockey team pin.
The second picture is of a pair of junk rings that I found. The one with the stone, may have been gold plated at one time, but most of it is now gone. What's neat about it, is that on either side of the stone is a large cross. Must have been a religous ring of some sort.
The 3rd picture is a blow up of that ring.
The 4th picture is of a silver ring that I found today.
And the last 2 pictures are the front and back of a Furr's / Bishops Cafeteria token that I also found today. I used to go to Bishops many years ago, and never knew that they had tokens.
Still have a small area to do at this school, and I'm hoping that the weather holds long enough for me to get it in, otherwise it'll have to way until next spring.
HH all,

Attachments

• School 1.jpg
    School 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 538
  • School 2.jpg
    School 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 518
  • School 3.jpg
    School 3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 523
  • School 4.jpg
    School 4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 515
  • School 5.jpg
    School 5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 531
  • School 6.jpg
    School 6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt. You got some of everything there. :)

P

Pentico

Looks like a great day of hunting fun to me.
Congrads

Pentico

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yardqueen said:
I have a question. Is it perfectly legal to hunt on public school grounds? I am assuming one can do it when school is not in session.
I bought my first metal detector today ( Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202) and would like to hit the bleacher stand at the local high school for starters.
You've inspired me Nebstater! ;D
It's legel here. I usually don't do it when school is in session, as kids are always coming and goin or doing recess or something else, and then they always start bugging you. I just wait until school is out or the soccor/football fields are not in use, then do my thing. Usually late afternoon or weekends. Give your local school a shot, I think that you will like it. HH

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
plehbah said:
I found the exact same Furr's/ Bishop's token about two months ago.

I liked the macaroni and cheese!
It's a good looking token. We used to have one of those cafeterias here, but it went by the name of Bishop's Cafeteria. Never heard of Furr's / Bishops until I found that token today. I like finding those tokens. Don't you?

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love the finds nebstater ! big congrats to you ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread