Twogunbloodoath

Greenie
Mar 28, 2020
Trinity county CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705/ equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a good read on how the Klamath Mountains of Northern California and Southern Oregon have formed. It goes into detail about how the rocks were originally Deposited then formed into mountains by uplifted and plate tectonics and also describes visual aspects of the rocks and what to look for. Also great pics and geology maps showing mineralized zones and dyke rocks to help aid you in the hunt for the gold that we all bang our bodies up for. Hope you all enjoy this read. I have more info on this subject and on Trinity County California if anyone is interested. Happy quarantine-ing

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/bo.../The-development-of-tectonic-concepts-for-the

Upvote 2

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. Something I figured out...you can download those geological maps as a geo-referenced PDF so you can see your position on the map using a tablet or smart phone.

Helps when you can physically see the change in rock appearance while driving down the road.

OP
OP
T

Twogunbloodoath

Greenie
Mar 28, 2020
Trinity county CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705/ equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re welcome and thank you for the info. I’ll check that out. I’m always driving so it would be really helpful and cool to use it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread