watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been out to this park twice in the past 10-days and have been concentrating my efforts along the park’s outer fringe areas that border some older homes. By the types of recoveries I’ve been encountering, these fringe areas must have been where folks back in the day, discarded their trash. But still, someones trash is anothers treasure.

The porcelain-filled Chicago Motor Club badge (produced by The Greenduck Co.) is vintage 1930’s and the cast iron cap pistol (National No. 25) is from around 1910. The cap pistol was encased in heavy rust and after 4-days soaking in a solution of vinegar & salt with intermittent brushing, its internal parts are now freely moving.

The copper plate, which I initially put in my “junk” pouch, has decorative engraving on on side. Maybe print/etching related? Still not sure.

I had a chance to get back out there yesterday and early in the hunt, I was graced with a silver pocket spill from Franklin & Roosevelt. Additional targets yielded the back of a plated pocket watch, a 1920 wheat and a nice “GOOD FOR” soap token from Palmolive-Peet.

I hope everyone is healthy, staying safe and pursuing their passion in this new way of life.

_DSC2130.JPG

Orig scroll.jpg

_DSC2128.JPG

Upvote 17

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment you dug. Really liking the 1950 Half. That big Silver is hard to come by. Thanks for sharing your finds and Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That half is great. Congrats!

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet! Congrats...nice hunt!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a very interesting assortment of goodies, BIG congrats! :occasion14:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the finds! I'd say the Franklin half is the star of the show but the cap gun is really cool too and the fact that you got the parts moving is amazing too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread