A Few June Hunts Net Some Silver!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

Long time, no talk! My wife and I recently purchased a house and are neck deep in a remodel. Hunting twice a week is quickly turning into hunting twice a month.

Our weather has also been completely uncooperative with every weekend having significant rain since early May.

I have been able to get out a few times though so I thought I’d do a quick post to share what I’ve found!

6/6/20

A couple Saturdays ago I hit the beach with a couple friends and this panned out pretty well. Our first spot was a dud but the second spot coughed up a few keepers for me.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Highlights from that hunt include a silver bracelet, no date IHC, wheat penny and square hem weight.

6/13/20

Lucas (NoThisIsPatrick) and I got out briefly so he could put his new Equinox through its paces. We hit a well-hunted park and I was surprised to turn up a small handful of clad and an 8” deep tax token while we were there.
61378632549__65157525-5B65-40D5-B297-9D403E7932C1.jpg

6/20/20

My buddy Phil and I met up to check out some beaches today. The first one was a three-mile hike to reach and unfortunately didn’t cough up any goodies. Thankfully we had time for a contingency plan.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

I landed 3 pieces of silver; a 64-D GW, a 61-S Rosie and a mystery piece of melted silver. I also landed 3 wheats, part of an old button and an old, green glass bead.

This bead was found on a beach that was adjacent to a long gone Native American community. I know of other relics indicative of Western trade that have been found in the area. Do you think this could be a Native trade bead? Here are more close-ups.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read everyone and happy hunting!!
-W

Upvote 14

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Washingtonian, you’ve certainly made good use of what little spare time you have... while I’m not an expert on NA artifacts, that bead does appear NA oriented given the time frame, history and location of your sites and other finds. Good luck on the remodel! Ddf.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Glad you found some time to dig a bit. Looks like you had some fun and a few goodies for the pouch. Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice series of hunts, congrats! :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice beach silver.

Colonial Digger

May 6, 2019
illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, Congrats, wish i could be out there !!! Wife had surgery so I am done for a couple weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread