Hooka dive #2_ 7 July 2020

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water temp 70 degrees
Whites Pulse induction with 950 coil
0500-0830
I pulled lots of hair pins, lead fishing weights, peoples garbage, 3lb lead divers weight, 10 lbs weight, Calypso divers gage,

Thank you...

KIMG0345.JPG KIMG0346.JPG

Additional note: These are not easy finds. When at that depth the items are in several inches of lake muck. As soon as you disturb it, it is a virtual brown out.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Correct even brand new it retailed for 20-30$

What I do is; use my vibra probe and stick hand into several inches of the mud and IF I am lucky it is in my palm.

Rinse and repeat if it drops out of your palm and back down.

What works for me is I use the Xcal in disc. mode witch is a "motion detector" it does not respond to a target unless the coil is moving, or the target is moving. I center the target under the coil by the wiggle then keep the coil completely still and I work my hand under the coil by moving my fingers and liquefying the mud until I hear a response from the target I then know I have made it move at this point I take a full hand full of mud and as I pull it up I can usually hear it or I move my hand under the coil to hear it. Then I have a sifter basket mounted on my detector, I do not pull the hand with the target in it out as I have dropped some. I raise the hand with the target then push the basket on the detector under my hand and drop it all in the wire basket, got it. I can now dump what is in the basket in to my catch bag in almost total darkness, and on my way for another.

Attachments

• axcal.jpg
    axcal.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread