HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! Today is my day!!!!

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant believe it, today was a normal day like any other. Just couldnt shake off the feeling like something amazing was going to happen though so i packed up the metal detector and headed out. I took the horrible drive the usual hour and a half to an old "place" because I have always dreamed of finding a gold coin at such a site. Anyway after another half hour collecting ice, food, batteries etc for the hunt I arrived and it was hotttttttttt. I could barely manage hearing any tones, due to the fact my brain was melting so severly and I knew the day would be over quick due to my good old friend heat stroke. I had managed about 20 nails and kept digging the same pieces of smashed tin before I had to go for my ice water. I set my detector down and did a 180 towards the car which was about 30 feet away. I took maybe 3 steps before a light completely blinded me across my eyes, enough for me to take a step back to regain sight. I looked down expecting to see usual colored glass shining in the sun, but it wasnt. I immediately started to shake sweat and all around freak outtt. What had caught my attention was one of the holy grails of metal detecting my bucket lister #1! A U.S. 5 dollar liberty head with lady liberty looking right at me only the date was slipped in the dirt and the rest was propped and showing fully. First thing I did was call my wife then recorded me plucking it. Id love to show the video aswell but I was overly excited and named the location, showed importa t landmarks and showed fully my license plate...lol ofc.....Anyways here she is an 1897- s liberty head 5 dollar in all her wild west glory a true cowboy coin. I feel so privileged and blessed by God today and I wish you all the best of luck with your metal detecting finds. I started my search 6 years ago for this coin, im very honored. Dont ever let people tell you what you can and cant find. Hh stay safe. 15967685369881045020388.jpg 1596768602286467108095.jpg 15967686495651651067364.jpg

Upvote 105

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Good to know that...THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE! Congratulations on the gold coin and thanks for sharing.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say BS bologna Samich. ��

OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know that...THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE! Congratulations on the gold coin and thanks for sharing.

I was just telling my wife a month ago maybe there isnt a gold coin out there after all these years, and i was going to have to be one angry ghost lol.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the club. We east coasters usually have to settle for a measly little $1 coin

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club. We east coasters usually have to settle for a measly little $1 coin
Hey whts wrong with that! Also thanks HH

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best finds are found on the way back to the truck! I make trips back to the truck for no apparent reason...congrats on the gold find!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best finds are found on the way back to the truck! I make trips back to the truck for no apparent reason...congrats on the gold find!
We have a name for it now - OTWBTTC (but you could change the C for a T)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: I get quite a few eyes only coins & buttons etc (being on ploughed fields). Always dreamed of finding a gold on top.
CONGRATS

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: I get quite a few eyes only coins & buttons etc (being a ploughed field). Always dreamed of finding a gold on top.
CONGRATS

Never lose faith maybe one day that plowed field will leave you a plowed up gold. Mine had fresh atv drift tracks which likely plowed it up.Thanks friend!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful gold coin find sir! :notworthy:

I realize that there's already a $5 US gold piece on the BANNER, but these coins aren't found everyday.
My thinking is, if you'd possibly used a thread title for your post that better described the significance of your find, it might have gotten more attention by the members and it would've made the BANNER.

Don't get me wrong, we all dream of finding a gold coin and not many of us ever will, but this is an important find and deserves to be recognized. :thumbsup:
Dave

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all hope to be as prepared as you when you walk over a exposed gold coin.

Way to go! so awesome! GOLD COOOOIN!!!

OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful gold coin find sir! :notworthy:

I realize that there's already a $5 US gold piece on the BANNER, but these coins aren't found everyday.
My thinking is, if you'd possibly used a thread title for your post that better described the significance of your find, it might have gotten more attention by the members and it would've made the BANNER.

Don't get me wrong, we all dream of finding a gold coin and not many of us ever will, but this is an important find and deserves to be recognized. :thumbsup:
Dave

Its alright man im just so happy to probably be at least 100th guy only in the world to surface find one maybe less than 10th in the U.S thats good enough for me! If the members want it changed i could maybe. Everything on top of the coin + your comments are just great extras.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all hope to be as prepared as you when you walk over a exposed gold coin.

Way to go! so awesome! GOLD COOOOIN!!!

Going back today to fetch another hopefully....its gonna be tuff though found several gold rings within 25 feet of the coin 2 being diamond rings one from 1828 but ive hunted it hard in the past gonna be tuff! Good luck friend hope you pull that 20$ soon.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a “meant to be” find. I couldn’t be more proud for you. Congratulations!

Irishjack

Greenie
Jul 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolly good mate! If yer in the mother lode n need someone to watch yer back , let me know. I'm between placerville and Auburn. Cheers! Irishjack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions