Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a 1743 battle site ,(battle of Dettingen) with little results. Got there at about 10am and hunted till about 5 pm. For all the hunting the only keepers were 2 buttons and a fairly modern coin that had been torn up by a plow at somepoint. We had battle maps from the internet and also current maps that were similar,you could follow the curves of the river on both maps so I thought we would find much more.All in all,there were about one hundred and twenty thousand troops in the battle so I know there is plenty of stuff to find.Hopefully with a little more research and also some luck I will have some good pics in the future. I still had a blast and the weather was nice so the day was still well worth it.HH

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has to be something there! Musket balls for sure. Sounds like a good spot, you might want to research it a little more. It's possible you are only close to where the battle was. There is a battle field near my house from 1504 that I'm seeking permission to hunt, the landmark for the field is several hundred meters away from the actual battle site, one could hunt for days if you didn't know that. You might consider trying to hot spot the area, just grid 10meter by 10 meter blocks then move along and try to mark your map as you go. HH, Mike

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep the disc on low and keep looking. You are gonna hit some pay dirt soon. Start on the high areas around the river and work your way down. Look around and think were you would want to be shooting from if you had a choice. Good look and let us know how it goes when you find the hot spots.

Arch

K

Kentucky Kache

Looking forward to those pics. Don't give up on that one.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to hit it again soon,I was sure I would find some musket balls at least. We did ask some locals and they told us to go where we were. There was also a sign marking the site but I am sure we just have to move a quarter of a mile or so to hit pay dirt. A lot of the fun is doing the research. Makes you feel like a detective.

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you using a GPS...if your in the woods you may want to be able to mark spots when you come across a hot spot. I have one I use when I am relic hunting in the woods and farmlands. It helps a ton.

Arch

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that badge. I figure the stuff will be pretty deep , but we still should be able find some stuff. A GPS is the next toy I hope to get, Just gotta find some money to pay for it.LOL

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that many troops everything will have been over a large area, and it all could NOT have been found. Just gotta be patient.!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread