Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a chance today to do my last state park cleanup for after Labor Day. I have 1 or 2 more I will do after the contributors have had a chance to make more deposits (these 2 parks are heavily detected the day after the holiday, but also heavily used until the end of September). It was cloudy and cool and the water was chilly, but my wetsuit kept me warm enough. The beach at this park is only about 20 feet wide from water to the end of the sand. I detect all the beach as I detect the water moving from beach to shallow water to deep water. The water in the roped off swimming area is over 10 feet deep in spots so I can not get to all of it, but most of it is detectable without diving gear.

The day started off well. I got to the edge of the sand and turned on my detect, took 2 swings and got a 76-77 on the VDI. Out popped a silver ring with tiny stones. A great way to start the hunt. I did have to detect around a few customers enjoying the day, but none of them stayed long so I managed to get all detectable areas covered.

Swingin the ATPro for 7 hours finished this park and I ended up with 31 coins with a face value of $2.03, a load of sinkers, 3 cars, 4 earrings, 56 sinkers, grommets, an earring back, an odd brass piece from some jewelry, 4 selfie retainers, a fishing swivel, 5 rings, some tabs, and lots of foil. I was kept busy with all the foil and sinkers. This park has more fisherman than swimmers as I always find plenty of sinkers.

F6F4D250-5112-4176-BE58-B62D99D799B3.jpeg

The 3 cars make the toy vehicle total 13 for the 3 state parks. I really do need a bigger garage LOL.

54E02AC6-FBEC-4E6C-BE11-B4783A09ABAC.jpeg

The small silver ring has 14 tiny stones in it. Unfortunately they are not real gems. The nice chunky gold ring was in a hole with a nail on the edge of the water and gave a weird signal. It was 14 inches down and I almost quit thinking it was junk. It weighs .28 troy ounces or 8.6 grams. With gold prices up that’s a nice chunk of change.

3DF0C45F-F0EF-497C-A422-C60E61BE0D20.jpeg

The tungsten carbide ring is a bow hunter ring that I found on line for $79.99. A lot of tungsten rings are showing up these days. Gold wedding bands for men may be a thing of the past. (I sure hope not.). The last ring is a real beauty. It looks like silver, but it is unmarked and the stones are not real. I’ll test it, but I believe it is a fashion ring of nominal value.

05FDB749-A557-450C-B0C1-5E661AF0B577.jpeg

Next week I will be going back to the scout camp to see what I can find.

So a good ring and sinker kind of day. A little gas money, more silver and gold, lots more lead out of the water and more social distancing exercise in the fresh air. Stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! What was the VDI of the gold ring?

I don’t usually pay much attention to the VDI and dig anything with a mid or high tone. Because of the nail in with it it was a jumpy mid, low tone and I didn’t look, but out of the hole it was a solid 73. Thanks for looking, stay safe and keep swingin.

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t usually pay much attention to the VDI and dig anything with a mid or high tone. Because of the nail in with it it was a jumpy mid, low tone and I didn’t look, but out of the hole it was a solid 73. Thanks for looking, stay safe and keep swingin.

Thanks, that's helpful, tnt-hunter. I am using a Garrett product as well (not as nice as yours), and I have been puzzled lately after seeing videos showing gold rings ringing up in the penny range. As a result, I have been digging a LOT more pennies lately!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that's helpful, tnt-hunter. I am using a Garrett product as well (not as nice as yours), and I have been puzzled lately after seeing videos showing gold rings ringing up in the penny range. As a result, I have been digging a LOT more pennies lately!

Gold can be a funny thing when it comes to VDI numbers. I find gold earrings and earring backs as low as 38 and rings anywhere from 50 to 78. It all depends on size, shape and depth in the sand. I dig anything with a mid or high tone. (These numbers are based on an iron discrimination set at 30.) Good luck, stay safe and keep swingin.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice jewelry! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Rings&bling,

I have found some very nice Gold rings with Garrett products the VDI numbers varied from 32 (a few lowwer) - 69. The 69 number being very large Gold rings.

Regards,

Doc

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOT OF GOOD STUFF makes for a fun day especially a gold ring, the school bus is a cool find cant say i ever found one of those

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! I really need to get out a swing. Has been way to hot for the fat man

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt its great when theres lots of signals cause it makes it alot more fun.. Good post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread