All right guys I need y’all to sharpen your eyes and try to help me figure out what i

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to my revolutionary spot and I accidentally dug a 16 which happened to be a button I never dig buttons for some reason and maybe this is it. The only good button I’ve ever found which still blows my mind to this day is a Louisiana pelican coat button that is rarely found on Louisiana soil since they all were shipped to Virginia. So I got this button no big deal but I also got this Coin token not sure it’s the size of a nickel I can make out some letters on it I try to take the best pictures I can and I want to see what you guys see. I need to find out what it is I’m not gonna be able to sleep tonight. These things drive me nuts I love this hobby. So here’s the button flat button. No big deal IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0486.jpg
And then I have this mystery first of all it looks whitish tan. Let me know if I have to do anything that’ll make this job easier IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Upvote 7

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The second item is one of those "No Cash Value" "For Amusement Only" tokens that were sold at arcades, carnivals, etc.
Some of them will have the name of a city or town printed on them as they were custom made for a particular event or company. Usually if you find one there are others in the area. Could be made of different kinds of metal...copper, bronze,
aluminum etc. CHEERS !!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The second item is one of those "No Cash Value" "For Amusement Only" tokens that were sold at arcades, carnivals, etc.
Some of them will have the name of a city or town printed on them as they were custom made for a particular event or company. Usually if you find one there are others in the area. Could be made of different kinds of metal...copper, bronze,
aluminum etc. CHEERS !!

My dude there was an amusement park from 1920 to 1930 that’s just what I wanted a token from that amusement park believe it or not. God is good.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been wanting to find a token from the old is amusement park do you want to test phone and I found one but it’s crusty is there any kind a trick that somebody knows how I could at least clean it up a little better

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Truth!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's aluminum or zink there's not much you can do, but congrats on the bucket lister for you!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's aluminum or zink there's not much you can do, but congrats on the bucket lister for you!

It’s not aluminum and I don’t think it’s zinc how do you know if something zinc? It’s got a whitish color to it I don’t know if that’s Patina or not

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soak it in white vinegar a couple days, should help some if there's some lime calcium build up from minerals from the soil. You often say there's lots of shells in your ground and they have calcium
Toothpick or toothbrush while still wet. Congrats on the finds.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds Truth! And congratulations on a bucket find! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soak it in white vinegar a couple days, should help some if there's some lime calcium build up from minerals from the soil. You often say there's lots of shells in your ground and they have calcium

Oh that’s right I’m a do that right now

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds Truth! And congratulations on a bucket find! Thanks for sharing.

Well I appreciate that sometimes it’s not the shiny silver or the gold that you want so bad I knew they had to be one out there although it took me two years to find one

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update I lost my token somewhere in the house and it’s driving me crazy cause I can’t find it and I don’t have a messy house. And I’ve been losing more than this time too!! I have a rare steamboat choking for $.25 off and after a year I actually found the negatives to this particular steamboat that was made in 1891 and sunk in 1905. No idea where any of them are it is driving me completely bonkers

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ecmo I was looking for you on this post I want to tell you I appreciate you turning me on to let this soak in vinegar. I had four pieces of something that was just cried it out and I’ve been soaking them and I’m starting to see words that are coming through it’s exciting. Once again I appreciate the tip

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ecmo I was looking for you on this post I want to tell you I appreciate you turning me on to let this soak in vinegar. I had four pieces of something that was just cried it out and I’ve been soaking them and I’m starting to see words that are coming through it’s exciting. Once again I appreciate the tip
Not a problem buddy, glad I could help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread