She Was Pretty Hot, But Her Younger Sisterís Pretty Fine Too - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: She Was Pretty Hot, But Her Younger Sisterís Pretty Fine Too

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2020
    Bangor, PA
    Garrett ATPro Garrett ACE400
    74 times
    Metal Detecting
    No patina on those? For some reason mine are all lime green lmao. Awesome find and thanks for sharing-
    Erik in NJ likes this.

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3505 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have found a few of th years of 1864 and 1865 that have come up in very great shape,and I have no explanation for the reason.

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3505 times
    Nope,years ago the saying was "Rust never Rests".

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3505 times
    Erik, I did not want to get your dander up.And since I'm 88 now I don't get out very often ,but I was a hunting machine for years because I worked the 11 to 7 shift ,and was able to hunt early and long. I never posted photos of my finds, but you would be amazed at what those many hours brought up. And further,THE WAY i always read of 'RUST NEVER RESTS WAS THE WAY." Y ou did a super job in displaying your pennies,and they sure look very nice. Congrats.
    Erik in NJ and DCMatt like this.

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3505 times
    Well,a great number of my fatty Indian cents did not fare to well in the soil here plus those flying eagle cents took a beating.Large cents were depending on the fact of no fertilizer being used.

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
    2468 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thanks TH. Yes I think the metallurgy of the earlier IH cents contributes to their preservation in the soil. I can tell you that I have dug many pitted later IH cents--some even from these same properties. I did dig another 1864 cent recently that did have some pitting and didn't look as nice as these two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by treblehunter View Post
    One of my all time favorite finds was a IH that looked like it came from the mint right out of the dirt. I think the metal composition is more bronze than copper in the older IH's
    I just looked the compositions on some of the older is copper-nickle and copper-bronze and some are just bronze.

Nice finds, nice post, nice pix!

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    2468 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Hi - Thanks for the clarification on your post. I hope you will post more of your finds here as I'm sure you've found some amazing things. For the unfamiliar "Rust Never Sleeps" is the name of a Neil Young album from ca. 1979 or so that I thought you were quoting, but based on what you are telling me it sounds like Neil got it wrong . Thanks again for your post and for teaching me something--I'm now going to looking further into the origins of the "rust never rests" expression.

Quote Originally Posted by thrifty76now View Post
    Erik, I did not want to get your dander up.And since I'm 88 now I don't get out very often ,but I was a hunting machine for years because I worked the 11 to 7 shift ,and was able to hunt early and long. I never posted photos of my finds, but you would be amazed at what those many hours brought up. And further,THE WAY i always read of 'RUST NEVER RESTS WAS THE WAY." Y ou did a super job in displaying your pennies,and they sure look very nice. Congrats.
    PullTabPete likes this.

us
    Jul 2020
    New Jersey
    7 times
    Beautiful IHC! Congrats! 🎉🥳
    Erik in NJ likes this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4730 times
    So...how are you cleaning those?...Nice finds!
    Erik in NJ likes this.

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    2468 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by lairmo View Post
    So...how are you cleaning those?...Nice finds!
    Hot peroxide bath followed by toothpaste scrub. You wouldn't believe how encrusted the 1864 was before cleaning.
    pepperj likes this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    29919 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik in NJ View Post
    Hot peroxide bath followed by toothpaste scrub. You wouldn't believe how encrusted the 1864 was before cleaning.
    Nice coppers and they came up nice from the cleaning.
    Using HP has proven some really amazing results on some coppers-and others it burnt them black (but they were roached to begin with) I used this 40% HP gel I got from a salon supplier for doing hair.
    Just put it in a plastic container out in the sun for the day and then rinse. Many years ago I use to post up the examples of the process but no time to do that now it seems.

Yup right now in life it's a dump on the tail gate kind of guy show.
    Getting out to do a hunt is an accomplishment-let alone coming home spending just as much time cleaning/photos/posting up the day.
    Well there's no day left for that for myself-and I believe many others also.
    Though I tip my hat to you and others that do cut a slice of their valuable time out to clean/photo/post up-because it takes time-and others know and appreciate the efforts.
    Well done on the posts and finds.
    Radon and Erik in NJ like this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    7344 times
    Sweet!!!...
    Erik in NJ likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    USA
    Minelab E-Trac
    3202 times
    Good looking sisters
    Erik in NJ likes this.

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    2468 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thanks pepperj for the tip on the gel (I will definitely try it) and for recognizing the work that goes into a nice presentation of one's finds when it's possible to do so on a busy schedule. I had to take a couple years off from this stuff just to catch up on other things in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Nice coppers and they came up nice from the cleaning.
    Using HP has proven some really amazing results on some coppers-and others it burnt them black (but they were roached to begin with) I used this 40% HP gel I got from a salon supplier for doing hair.
    Just put it in a plastic container out in the sun for the day and then rinse. Many years ago I use to post up the examples of the process but no time to do that now it seems.

Yup right now in life it's a dump on the tail gate kind of guy show.
    Getting out to do a hunt is an accomplishment-let alone coming home spending just as much time cleaning/photos/posting up the day.
    Well there's no day left for that for myself-and I believe many others also.
    Though I tip my hat to you and others that do cut a slice of their valuable time out to clean/photo/post up-because it takes time-and others know and appreciate the efforts.
    Well done on the posts and finds.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41962 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Nice and good shape. looks like a god spot keep rippin
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links