I had my best hunt ever today!

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a day that I will never forget. I went to a picnic area in a public park that had been used from the mid 1800s to the 1950s. I was using a coin shooting pattern on my Simplex with the 9x5 coil and my new predatortools shovel. First good find was a 1908 Barber dime. After that came a flood of old coins! 1899 V nickel, 2 more barbers, a war nickel, several wheats, and the find of the day an 1843 Seated dime! My 2nd oldest coin ever and older than my state of Iowa! I think it was a virgin site and there had been construction and the dirt had been moved around. Still kind of in shock! Definitely my best hunt ever. Thanks for looking! Video on my youtube channel Coinboy Detecting and Collecting coming soon.
BC401EDF-0B2F-4482-B6D4-01FD49783A9C.jpeg

Upvote 50

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really killed it on the silver! Nice job.
I'm always on the lookout for parks that are having the dirt re-arranged.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Makes one wonder just how much is still out there but just beyond the reach of our coils. Notice no quarters or larger as they can be detected much deeper.

Excellent digs, grats!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Any mintmark on the seated?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Makes one wonder just how much is still out there but just beyond the reach of our coils. Notice no quarters or larger as they can be detected much deeper.

Excellent digs, grats!

My thoughts are more about the masked targets, than the deeper. Try your best to keep that spot to yourself, but hunt it hard and fast. These spots are rare, at least for Texas it is.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude you CRUSHED IT!!! Congrats:occasion14:

OP
OP
Coinboy

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Coinboy

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going back this weekend.

OP
OP
Coinboy

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Construction sites are something noticed by all worthy detectorists....if it was that productive, i advise to get back there sooner

The construction is over now, but i’ll try to hurry and get there before other detectorists do.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
My thoughts are more about the masked targets, than the deeper. Try your best to keep that spot to yourself, but hunt it hard and fast. These spots are rare, at least for Texas it is.
Not me since I dig ALL iffy targets and find lots of masked stuff. If I swing my coil and it makes absolutely no sound, but then The top 12 inches of soil is removed and I get a merc at 3.5 inches, then I know that there are probabaly many many more silver dimes at 15 plus inches deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread