SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
85C3C5C2-47F6-4773-AAFF-8A1AE5BB26A1.jpeg 1EFD1294-3C54-4CE8-8E01-64D34032379F.jpeg 08B1ED32-9F19-4AE2-B7DF-AF94F7CF60D4.jpeg My Wife had to do some CME's online, so I got to head out and hunt for a couple hours. To find a good place and get a good hunt in with the drive is hustling, but I did ok. I headed to an old two story house from the 20's that I had already hunted with the CTX. Figured I'd see about the back yard that I hadn't hunted. Got a go and took off! I found 2 wheats in the back yard is all, so I figured I'd go ahead and run over the front since I didn't really have time to find another place.
Started swinging close to the house and got this little Silver pendant that was in with can metal hitting a scrambled signal, but I dug it up. I proceeded to the main portion of the front yard and was getting scratchy signals that were barely hitting. I cranked the sensitivity all the way up on the Nox800 and set target seperation to 5. I figured why not. The first scratchy 22-24 was an
8 1/2" wheat. From there until an hour after dark a proceeded to dig any faint target I could somewhat get a repeatable signal, with the numbers jumping around, but making the sounds in the tones I have set for good targets.
As You can see I was kind of blown away! 2 Buffalos and 4 wheats where I had already hunted with My CTX. I'm gonna go back with the large coil on and see if I can pull out any more. The Buffalo's were around 10-11".
Buffalo's- Dateless. Wheats- 1942D,1926D,1935D,1944,1945S,1941S
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!!
The compact turned out to be a good piece:)

Last edited:
Upvote 9

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice saves on those iffy signals. The large Equinox coil is built more for increased coverage than depth being only 1" wider than the stock, but worth a shot. After some number of outings with the big coil, I became convinced the Equinox is basically optimized for that 11 inch coil from a performance standpoint. The large 12x15 gives you better coverage (but is also still surprisingly sensitive to tiny targets), while the six inch is great for constrained swing situations and bed-o-nails patches. But my greatest success has come with the stock as it sees less ground than the larger coil and is less susceptible to ground noise and overload by ferrous targets. But regardless, it is worth a shot because you may have targets that are just a fraction of an inch outside the depth limit of the 11-inch coil. Good luck on the re-visit.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vferrari. I'll see what happens. Thought about throwing the large coil on the CTX and opening up more than I hunted this place with. Something to do and the coil to the soil:)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds RJ.

The Nox is a beast at deep coin seeking.

I've been finding quarters at 11 and 12 inches. Dimes in the 9 inch range great machine.

CTX very good also. Just have to hunt way slower with it. Heavy also and I'm getting older. I can handle it but over multiple hunts over days it wears on you.

Nox cranked up will get you some nice depth. I love the NOX one of the best machines I have ever used.

I have had them all and own 5 top of the line machines and the NOX is the go to.

Good Luck

Jer

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerV3 it's the same here. The Nox has been My goto since I got it. It's found a lot of Nice coins & relics from spots that have been deemed hunted out, and that I have been to also. Just wished We All had more time to Hunt:)

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting