Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been in a bit of a slump with the detector lately, nothing but clad, caps and tabs. Decided to change things up a bit and go look for artifacts. Called a permission a few hours away to see if the ground was clear, and he said it was so off I went. Was having an okay day and finding a few decent points when I spotted this tip sticking up from the crust. Tried to give it a little wiggle but it was in there solid. I was hoping for a whole point maybe an inch and a half long and not broken. I just about soiled myself when I pulled up the biggest Elko knife I've ever found! BE1.jpg BE2.png BE3.png BE4.png BE5.png BE6.jpg Thanks for lookin'
Okay, here it is backlit... BE7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 154
OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to hear what the date range is on that...congratulations! Beautiful piece!

Thanks, the type is generally considered to be in the 1,400-4,000 b.p. date range.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a pristine point! What kind of ground was that found in? looks like a mud flat.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a pristine point! What kind of ground was that found in? looks like a mud flat.

Yep, the edge of a small mud flat. I've found several nice points there over the years.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations first class all night and day,,totally awesome,,thanks for sharing

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Such a great find, congratulations!

All the best,

Lanny

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning! What a good eye you have to spot that. Whether your searching for points, fossils, or metal artifacts in a plug - having a trained eye is priceless.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alright....sometimes I'm late to the party....congrats on that amazing point....truly amazing.

It's never too late too give a nod to a recovery.
It's actually a very fitting time to see this one again all lit up for the Xmas season.
What a beautiful tree it is, still amazed at this beauty.
Thanks for bringing it back to life Bart.

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 9.03.04 AM.png

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been in a bit of a slump with the detector lately, nothing but clad, caps and tabs. Decided to change things up a bit and go look for artifacts. Called a permission a few hours away to see if the ground was clear, and he said it was so off I went. Was having an okay day and finding a few decent points when I spotted this tip sticking up from the crust. Tried to give it a little wiggle but it was in there solid. I was hoping for a whole point maybe an inch and a half long and not broken. I just about soiled myself when I pulled up the biggest Elko knife I've ever found! View attachment 1901805 View attachment 1901806 View attachment 1901807 View attachment 1901808 View attachment 1901809 View attachment 1901811 Thanks for lookin'
Okay, here it is backlit... View attachment 1901885 Wow. It's all that i can say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread