Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least it is for my wife, myself, and our 2 kids who check them on a regular basis. My wife spied a few coins in the tray from the register she was checking out at. When she got there, she could see it was full. She grabbed one of the plastic grocery bags, and began pulling the coins out. She said it was so backed up, that they just kept coming. She said she almost stopped, as all of the coins seemed to have some sort of oil on them, and it smelled. (The poor dear was getting her hands dirty) ! You can see the oil residue on the paper bag. Near as I can figure, the coins were either deposited and rejected because of the oil, or there was some sort of machine malfunction. Anyway, she ended up with 23 Copper pennies (one was a Wheat) 86 Zinc pennies, 29 Nickels, 40 Dimes, and 49 Quarters, for a total of 227 coins totaling $18.79 ! I rinsed them in a container with Dawn soap, and then tumbled them. Good as new, and ready to spend ! Gonna be a long time before myself or my kids break this record.

Attachments

• coinstar2.JPG
    coinstar2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • coinstar.JPG
    coinstar.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 40

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that might be a record! Last time I hit the jackpot just over 2 years ago, I’d asked my wife and daughter to check the CS machine. They would have nothing to do with that. I casually strolled by and did a quick u-turn - almost 3 dozen coins, mostly all silver quarters, a silver half, mercs and silver Canadians.

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a few years ago I think I hit a coinstar that jammed .... because the discard slot was full and I pulled them all and more kept dropping and I filled two pockets just about like what the OP found here

crazy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread